WAIVED
Passport Req..
25-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2010
LANDED..........
10-09-2010
Hi there,

I'm just wondering... where do I start if I want to invest in real estate in big Canadian cities like Toronto and Vancouver? Can anyone recommend a good realtor and/or a website with basic information?

I'm currently applying for permanent residency and my husband is Canadian. When I do get the PR (hopefully next year...), instead of buying a place to live, and before we move to Canada definitively, we would like to consider buying a townhouse or condo for renting it out. Any thoughts on this? -I mean, does this sound too ambitious and/or unrealistic?

Regards!

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
This is the best place to start www.mls.ca

zap0ne

Jan 14, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
24-07-1998
shakira2009 said:
Hi there,

I'm just wondering... where do I start if I want to invest in real estate in big Canadian cities like Toronto and Vancouver? Can anyone recommend a good realtor and/or a website with basic information?

I'm currently applying for permanent residency and my husband is Canadian. When I do get the PR (hopefully next year...), instead of buying a place to live, and before we move to Canada definitively, we would like to consider buying a townhouse or condo for renting it out. Any thoughts on this? -I mean, does this sound too ambitious and/or unrealistic?

Regards!
Like any investment research is the key. The mls system is a good start as it does indicate what to expect in your price bracket. Unfortunately the mls information has limitations. What a property lists for, and what it actually sells for, can be two very different prices. A further limitation is that you do not know how fast or slow it is selling as you cannot see the number of days on market. The days on market is also a major indicator when it comes to renting the property out. You would not want to be stuck with a property that was untenanted for a number of months whilst it is costing you money.

I am an Englishman that has been here in Toronto for the past 13 years. I work in and around Toronto as a Realtor. I have a particular interest in investment properties and also investment analysis for my clients. I do a lot of research/analysis work on behalf of investor/landlords and individuals that are ‘invested’ in there property decisions. If you would like some help, then please contact me via email in the first instance.

Thanks
Roy
royboyce@rogers.com
Re/Max Excellence Realty Inc.

Connor

Aug 15, 2011
Thanks for sharing information.
I am agree and Canada is large country and there is great potential in real estate sector.
Give me tips about real estate sector investment in Canada.

livefaisal

Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My best advice is to gt the help of Some professional Realtor.Who can guide you in this endevour.

hassanbukhari

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I feel real estate is no longer an investment in Toront. Prices are too high and rental returns are too low. I advice you to rent a house for few years get an idea about the areas and your requirements and if you see that putting money into real estate in this city is sense able than do it.

Felix07Richerd

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the record I don't have anything to do with the mortgage, financing or real estate industries. I own a home and I guess that makes me guilty in your eyes, no matter what.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010