+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra Company Transfer , EE without LMIA possible?

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Friends

I had come to Canada with Intra company transfer in March 2014 in Work Permit.
I work as a manager in aviation engineering industry . My company HR ( in Usa) had hired a lawyer and they had started the LMIA process by advertising for my job.

I understand recent changes in law states that Intra Company WP holders might not need LMIA to be elligible for Express Entry.

Is the understanding correct.

I have already got my IELTS done (8) and WES is pending for a mark sheet.Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks

janasj

Oct 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you fall under NOC code 0, A or B, you are eligible to get 50 points provided you have worked for this company for 1 year and will have the job continuing for 1 more year after you get your PR.
You are right...no need for LMIA and having LMIA doesnt give you more points now.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be more specific to the above, you also need to have your employer's name on your work permit to qualify for those 50 points.

Your eligibility on EE isn't based on whether you have a LMIA or not, it is based on other factors such as education/English level/canadian work experience/foreign work experience/etc.

Cheers :)

jgd

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
Hello Friends

Thank you for your responses.

I have got 15 years work experience in total. I have been with my current employer since May 2012.
In Canada with same employer since March 2014 and hope to be working for them for at least next few years.

Education 3 years post higher secondary. IELTS 8 band.

On NOC code I need to find out if Engineering Manager is in these codes.

Thanks anyways.