+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview with Citizenship judge

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hi all. I have taken my citizenship test on October 2013. I have passed my test, but the co informed me that I have to see the cj for my documentation verification. I have received RQ late 2012 and I have sent all requested documents. However, during my interview with co she noticed the i have new residence visa for other country in my passport which is issued after 1yr from my citizenship application.

My concern is when shall I expect interview with the cj and what shall I expect during the interview?
Thanks in advance

mojojojo

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear you'll have to wait a bit longer :(

My buddy had to see a CJ and he mentions it was a candid conversation. If you have reasonable explanations for your situation, everything should be OK.

I'm on a similar boat. After my test the CO was a bit concerned with some discrepancies in small travels between my application and the RQ. For the life of me I can't remember these details. But she said that there's a possibility I'll have to see a CJ. Hopefully common sense will prevail and I won't have to. I've been in Canada for about 10 years and spent most of my adult life her with a good record... But I guess these travels raised flags. I applied in 2011 and still in the waiting game.

Keep us updated with your timelines. I assume you recently got the notice you'll see the CJ, correct?

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
I have not received anything yet, I have been informed by the cic call center agent that I have to wait to see the cj. When I asked them for the time frame for waiting, they told me that I am going to recieve notice when cj is available.
Good luck buddy with your interview