+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview scheduled

canada2go

Jul 16, 2006
Hello everyone,

Can someone give me suggestions as what to do in my situation? My boyfriend (we are gay couple not married yet) lives in the Philippines and I live in the United States. We have been together for three years. Our interview is scheduled for September 27, 2006 in NY. He has to get visa to come to the States. I am not sure if he will get a visa for this purpose and even if he gets it, I am not sure if it will be on time for the interview. What should we do? Apply for visa anyway? if so, should he tell American consulate the real reason or should he be generic as just visiting the country for holidays? If his visa is denied, should I go ahead and appear for the interview anyway?Any one of you reading this or know of anyone having done visa for interview purpose please give me advice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tikhacoffee

Oct 20, 2005
If you guys really want to move to Canada, you should go to the interview. If your friend gets turned down for a US visa, you should go anyway. You should gather all the proofs you have to consolidate your relationship and if you are the principal applicant, all the proofs about your work experience.

If you are american, and your friend goes to the US embassy saying that he's going to visit his boyfriend, he'll be turned down immediately, they don't like gays in the US.

If he can't go to the interview, you should show them the rejection letter they always give at the US embassy, that's proof enough that he tried.

If your only choice to be together is Canada, then you should go to the interview no matter what.

What's your timeline, I'm also waiting for an interview in Buffalo.

canada2go

Jul 16, 2006
Thanks, Tikha for your suggestions. We have come to the same decision and if we (or I) get canadian visa that's well and good. If not, we just have to figure out what we can do. We have been having a long distance relationship for three years and if it takes couple more years to live together physically, so be it. Actually, we don't have other options. I am an American passport holder.

My time line is I applied in July 2005 and in two weeks I got my AOR. And I got my interview notice last week. So, it has been exactly a year plus few days.

Good luck to you.