+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED AND CAIPS REVEALED PREVIOUS APPLICATIONS-HELP PLS!

fredrickpedro

Jun 21, 2010
Hello Everyone,
Here is the email i received from CHC: Pursuant to your application for permanent residence in Canada, it has been determined by a visa officer that a personal interview is required. The purpose of this interview is to determine whether you meet the criteria for admission to Canada in the category in which you have applied.
I was asked to bring along with me:1) Passport, 2) Updated Schedule 1 Background/Declaration,3)Updated Additional Family Information form (IMM5406. 4) Proof of continuing contact with sponsor.
BUT i had a feed back on the caips ordered stating the reasons i was refused my previous applications to canada. 1) ( Vistor's visa);stated I was refused due to inability of VO to confirm the authethicity of my bank statement/misinterpretation, 2) (tourism visa for honeymoon)stated that I contradicted my reason for refusal in my 1st attempt by saying i had online printed bank statement instead of the posted bank statement while completing the application form on why i was refused in the 1st attempt application.3) STUDY PERMIT); stated I didnt include my wife's name on the 1st page of the study permit application form until i was prompted to do so. HOWEVER, ALL THESE CAIPS REASONS WAS NOT EXPLAINED IN ALL THE 3 REFUSAL LETTERS RECEIVED DURING THE APPLICATIONS!!. RIGHT NOW... I HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR FAMILY SPONSOR INTERVIEW AFTER MY WIFE WENT BACK TO CANADA TO LIVE AND FILED A PR FOR ME: BELOW IS MY TIMELINE FOR THE PR:
JUNE 20TH SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION RECEIVED
JULY 22ND SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION APPROVED AND FILE TRANSFERED TO LONDON ON 27TH JULY

AUGUST 4TH 2010, ECAS CHANGED TO "IN PROCESS

NOVE 19TH EMAIL SENT TO MY WIFE AFTER REQUESTING TO KNOW THE HER HSUBAND APPLICATION'S STATUS SAYING AN INTERVIEW WOULD BE SCHEDULED.
DEC 16TH AN EMAIL SENT TO MYSELF AND WIFE TELLING US ABOUT THE INTERVIEW DATE. please I NEED ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO AND BE SURE OF BEFORE I ATTEND THE INTERVIEW

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Your previous attempts to enter Canada seemed "suspicious" to CIC, but that could easily be explained by a lack of understanding of some of the requirements or questions - rather than a deliberate lie in order to give yourself some advantage. For example: the allegation that you failed to put your wife's name on your study permit application until you were prompted to do so is a bit far-fetched - at least in my opinion. It would be easy for someone not to know for sure if they had to include a Canadian spouse's name on a temporary status application. Regardless, as a result of these "inconsistencies" - whether they were accidental or deliberate - CIC has to question whether your relationship with your wife is only about you getting into (or staying in) Canada. That's all the interview is about: to talk to you and ask you questions designed to uncover whether you are in relationship with your wife just so you can stay in Canada. It's also possible that the two of you did not include strong enough evidences with your application of your "real" relationship.

If you are "genuine", and the relationship is not just about you being in Canada, you shouldn't have a problem with the questions, or with how to respond.

fredrickpedro

Jun 21, 2010
RobsLuv said:
Your previous attempts to enter Canada seemed "suspicious" to CIC, but that could easily be explained by a lack of understanding of some of the requirements or questions - rather than a deliberate lie in order to give yourself some advantage. For example: the allegation that you failed to put your wife's name on your study permit application until you were prompted to do so is a bit far-fetched - at least in my opinion. It would be easy for someone not to know for sure if they had to include a Canadian spouse's name on a temporary status application. Regardless, as a result of these "inconsistencies" - whether they were accidental or deliberate - CIC has to question whether your relationship with your wife is only about you getting into (or staying in) Canada. That's all the interview is about: to talk to you and ask you questions designed to uncover whether you are in relationship with your wife just so you can stay in Canada. It's also possible that the two of you did not include strong enough evidences with your application of your "real" relationship.

If you are "genuine", and the relationship is not just about you being in Canada, you shouldn't have a problem with the questions, or with how to respond.
Thanks @Robsluv; I was only confused cos my last application on study permit was so 100% certain as i had full funding from my dept and university to carry out my phd and to my greatest suprise i was denied after they have kept the study pemit application in for 2 months.However, the refusal letter did not state any meaningful fact other than "you have not satisfy the VO you would leave canada at the end of ur study". That actaully prompted me to ordered for CAIPS to know why these people was actually denying my applications without a substantial clues. Moreover, my wife and I met in the UK while studying , she actually came from canada to study in the UK and we lived together for a whole year during which we got married and she decided to go back to canada, It took like 5-6 months to settled down and and got a job she then filed a PR for me . But before submitted her application to bring me as her husband i had an admission to study PHD in one of the universities in canada and i submitted my study permit applicaion in london and my wife submitted the sponsorship appication weeks after to sydney. But my question is does all those excuses said in the CAIPS will have any effect on my sponsored application during the interview ass this is a complete different application which is different from TVR visa? Cos I have got more than enough to show our marriage was geninue at the first place as we both have same address and evidences of living together while she was in the UK beofre she went back to canada this year Jan. and besides, we applied for honeymoon in canada after our wedding but was refused and that was indicated in the CAIPS that the VO at that time was not satisfy that thatz period of the year is suitable for honeymoon...what a crap excuses..lol

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
fredrickpedro said:
But my question is does all those excuses said in the CAIPS will have any effect on my sponsored application during the interview ass this is a complete different application which is different from TVR visa?
Applying several times to enter Canada, and then applying for a PR visa based on marriage to a Canadian looks suspicious to the visa officer. It looks like the applicant is trying all means possible to enter Canada, including a fake marriage.
Just gather more evidence that your marriage is genuine, and also get evidence that the previous TRV attempts were legitimate.

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
hello ,fredrickpedro,
its khakalove,
going to tell you about your interview, first i need to know ,
r you british citezen ?
if not .then ,be very prepaid maight ,for your interview ,
i am telling you ,not keeping you in dark , you r going to cross a red flag pointed
road , i know immegration officer,s mentelity ,
i will give you some good advises, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
first i need to know about your immegration status in london,?

fredrickpedro

Jun 21, 2010
khakalove said:
hello ,fredrickpedro,
its khakalove,
going to tell you about your interview, first i need to know ,
r you british citezen ?
if not .then ,be very prepaid maight ,for your interview ,
i am telling you ,not keeping you in dark , you r going to cross a red flag pointed
road , i know immegration officer,s mentelity ,
i will give you some good advises, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
first i need to know about your immegration status in london,?

@ khakalove; can u advise on any idea/experience u have got from your interview pls