+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview - good or bad?

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
Should I be worried that we have to do an interview? I'm reading some of the other posts on this forum and it seems not everyone needs to have an interview. Should I be worried? We already have first stage approval and my husband (the one being sponsored) has his open work permit too. What should I expect at this interview?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I'm assuming you have an inland application in progress?

There are two types of interviews for inland apps:

The first is the one that might signal trouble and is usually caused by the IO not being certain that the relationship is genuine. Or sometimes it's just because you didn't supply enough information with the application. This one is more of an exception than a rule, most applicants don't need it. It's not the end of the world, just means a bit of a delay.

The second is the 'landing interview'. Every applicant has to do this one - it's when they become a PR. It's just a formality really, they only ask if everything on the forms is correct, if the marital status is still the same, if he declared all of his children and if he's been convicted of a crime recently. As I said, just a formality and definitely a good thing as it's the end of the application process.

Since you got first stage approval and he has an open work permit, I am guessing he's being asked to come land. In which case, congratulations! :)

trishyfer

Nov 24, 2009
to the person who responded to you - do you know how long it takes to get an interview?? I have someone who has received notification that they are to have an interview, but he doesnt know how long it takes, or how he gets notified. Do you know ?? and then how long after the interview do you wait until you can come back? Please help!!

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
for us, we received a letter last week saying our case is done and to wait for an interview. then 2 days later we got another letter telling us our interview is schedule for jan 6th 2010. so thats 7 weeks.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
yes, if they want to call you for interview they sent you a letter minimum 1 month in advance with notification of the date and time.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Some offices are busier than others. With one, you might get an interview in a week, with another you might have to wait a year. Without saying what office it is, it's impossible to say how long one can expect to wait.

I'm not sure what you mean with:
and then how long after the interview do you wait until you can come back?
Come back where? If you're talking about an outland application, it varies also. For some, you can wait for months after the interview - the last step of the process is the background check, which is often done after the interview and can take several months. There are also some offices that do the background check before the interview and issue the visa the day after the interview. Again, it really depends on the office.

trishyfer

Nov 24, 2009
awesome thanks! Hes in the UK right now just waiting to come back to Canada. So im guessing an interview should be scheduled soon.. and if all goes well should be landing back here before Spring??