+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International students hours of working

Nguyen Lama

Jun 3, 2019
Hello everyone. I am curious how many hours I can work during my summer break as an international student?

If I have 2 jobs and the total amount of hours I work is more than 40 hours a week, is it okay or CIC have any standards for international students?

Thank you!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello everyone. I am curious how many hours I can work during my summer break as an international student?

If I have 2 jobs and the total amount of hours I work is more than 40 hours a week, is it okay or CIC have any standards for international students?

Thank you!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=503&top=15

If you're not enrolled in full-time studies over the summer, then yes, you can work more than 20 hours a week.

More details:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html#who-can

Nguyen Lama

Jun 3, 2019
Thank you for the response, however I know that. I am asking if it can be more than 40 hours for international students. The reason is I have 2 jobs and the total amount of hrs are approximately 50 per week...

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for the response, however I know that. I am asking if it can be more than 40 hours for international students. The reason is I have 2 jobs and the total amount of hrs are approximately 50 per week...
If you are allowed to work full-time during a break, there's no upper limit on the hours worked.

Reactions: bellaluna

Nguyen Lama

Jun 3, 2019
If you are allowed to work full-time during a break, there's no upper limit on the hours worked.
Thank you!
I was just wondering because one of my employer told me that for international student the rules are strict. You should not go over 40 hours. But thanks! Good to know that.