+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internal Auditing job

KaylM

Oct 26, 2010
I am an internal auditor, currently working for one of the biggest telecom operators in the Middle East; I have a valid PR, long experience in IT systems implementation, and information system auditing, in addition, I have CIA, CISA, CISM, PMP, PRINCE2 certificates.

Can anybody please give me and advice on the possibility of having a job as an internal auditor in Canada??

May 23, 2013
Hi Sir,

Have you already moved to Canada and found a job?

I am a new permanent resident and is still looking for a job, wondering if it would be really hard to find a job.

Thanks.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaylM said:
I am an internal auditor, currently working for one of the biggest telecom operators in the Middle East; I have a valid PR, long experience in IT systems implementation, and information system auditing, in addition, I have CIA, CISA, CISM, PMP, PRINCE2 certificates.

Can anybody please give me and advice on the possibility of having a job as an internal auditor in Canada??
If you dont have experience in Canada...it will be tough. You will need to have CGA, CMA or CA or CPA in order to find a good job. Since you have a lot of experience, companies will hesitate to hire you in their entry level job....for higher paid job, as mentioned above, you need Canadian experience and one of the accounting designations.

I am also in accounting so I speak from my experience which can be different from others.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
antonlovepeach said:
Hi Sir,

Have you already moved to Canada and found a job?

I am a new permanent resident and is still looking for a job, wondering if it would be really hard to find a job.

Thanks.
how long have you been looking for a job and what kind of jobs you are looking for? It all depends.

KaylM

Oct 26, 2010
Hi antonlovepeach,
Actually I have not moved yet, and still looking for someone who can give an advice regarding internal audit (and not accountant jobs). Some of my friends moved already and they have had bad experience finding a job since 1 year so far, but no one has the same treats or qualifications; so, nobody knows ???.

I am not sure whether nguyentu2001 is talking about accountant’s jobs or internal auditing, I hope someone with wide experience in this area can help.

I have seen so many jobs ads in Alberta looking for CIA and CISA, but so far no calls, may be because I am still outside Canada (I am trying to be optimistic ;D).
My move to Canada is a strategic decision; hence, I will move anyway and plan for the worst.
Hope you will find your perfect job soon, and please let’s keep in touch to share information on this.
Regards,

roomonfire23

Mar 8, 2013
I work in the accounting sector as well. CIA seems to be the most sought after for internal auditors that and CA/CPA.

If you haven't already, sign up for Linkedin. It is a great job searching tool.