+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intent to Reject

inuwd

Jan 31, 2024
Hi guys. I got an intent to reject letter for my CSQ application unless I submit the require documents. I applied for CSQ through H&C. I used to live in Ontario but moved to Quebec cause I fell sick (I have an illness that requires me to take medication for the rest of my life and to do blood tests and go for regular visits with the doctor) and I lost my status and had to move to Quebec to live with my sister and brother in law. In my application I explained that I had to move to Quebec to live with my sister and brother in law. And that they would be providing for me financially. Which means they’d be taking care of my medical expenses as well which they have. I applied for H&C in 2021. Didn’t hear anything from IRCC till last year. They advised that my application was approved in principle. The next step was to apply for CSQ which I did. When I submitted my application, I explained my sister and her husband were taking care of me financially but i got a letter stating intent to reject unless I provide these documents. They’re asking for employment letters for my sister and brother in law. (I guess as proof since I didn’t submit that.) My sister is currently unemployed and has been since for a while. She was laid off. During the first year of my application she was employed. But towards mid end of my application, she was laid off. My question is

1. is it ok for me to just submit an application with just my brother in law’s employment letter and explain my sister was laid off
2. I don’t know the amount my brother in law makes but supposing it was a low amount, could my application get rejected cause it would seem as though he’s not been able to support the whole family financially. Since MIFI would think he has to also pay for my medical expenses. And if it is a problem, what can I do?
3. Can my sister show her old employment letters showing that she was employed during certain times and was able to take care of me or does it not matter? And if she can submit those documents, would it be an issue since I didn’t inform IRCC that my sister lost her job? I didn’t think it would be an issue and my lawyer in Ontario didn’t think it would be an issue as well. She just asked us to have my sister write a letter saying she’d be able to support me

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thank you

Singh__

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Hi guys. I got an intent to reject letter for my CSQ application unless I submit the require documents. I applied for CSQ through H&C. I used to live in Ontario but moved to Quebec cause I fell sick (I have an illness that requires me to take medication for the rest of my life and to do blood tests and go for regular visits with the doctor) and I lost my status and had to move to Quebec to live with my sister and brother in law. In my application I explained that I had to move to Quebec to live with my sister and brother in law. And that they would be providing for me financially. Which means they’d be taking care of my medical expenses as well which they have. I applied for H&C in 2021. Didn’t hear anything from IRCC till last year. They advised that my application was approved in principle. The next step was to apply for CSQ which I did. When I submitted my application, I explained my sister and her husband were taking care of me financially but i got a letter stating intent to reject unless I provide these documents. They’re asking for employment letters for my sister and brother in law. (I guess as proof since I didn’t submit that.) My sister is currently unemployed and has been since for a while. She was laid off. During the first year of my application she was employed. But towards mid end of my application, she was laid off. My question is

1. is it ok for me to just submit an application with just my brother in law’s employment letter and explain my sister was laid off
2. I don’t know the amount my brother in law makes but supposing it was a low amount, could my application get rejected cause it would seem as though he’s not been able to support the whole family financially. Since MIFI would think he has to also pay for my medical expenses. And if it is a problem, what can I do?
3. Can my sister show her old employment letters showing that she was employed during certain times and was able to take care of me or does it not matter? And if she can submit those documents, would it be an issue since I didn’t inform IRCC that my sister lost her job? I didn’t think it would be an issue and my lawyer in Ontario didn’t think it would be an issue as well. She just asked us to have my sister write a letter saying she’d be able to support me

May be you should contact with Quebec lawyer also ,who deals with MIFI regularly because mifi isn’t that easy to deal with.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Best path forward is to hire an immigration lawyer to help you respond to this letter.

If someone is supporting you then it's quite normal for proof of employment to be requested. Normally you would have included this in your original application.

1. Sure, you can certainly do that.
2. Yes, if your brother in law doesn't make enough money, that could lead to refusal. If you, your sister / your brother in law have substantial bank savings, suggest you show this as well.
3. You weren't under any obligation to inform IRCC that your sister lost her job. You can certainly provide her old employment letters. Whether this helps the situation is hard to say and may depend on how long she has been unemployed.