+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Institute name changed post my graduation - WES/ECA India

aritkdas

Feb 20, 2020
Dear All,

I am about to submit my educational details through WES for ECA. Kindly reply to the below query :

Scenario/Background/ Fact :

I have following academic qualifications :

1. Bachelor of Science - 3 years full time Degree program from "University of Calcutta ".
The Institute is recognized in WES website. It is a Govt. of India Institute. I graduated in 1993.

2. PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application) - 2 years Diploma program from "Regional Computer Centre, Calcutta ".
This institute is recognized in WES website. It is a Govt. of India Institute and an Autonomous Institute. I graduated in 1997.

Now the post my graduation period , the second institute name has been changed from "Regional Computer Centre, Calcutta" to " National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology,Kolkata" . The details are available in following link of the Institute. I have checked that both names are recognized in WES Website.

http://nielit.gov.in/kolkata/content/introduction-12

Query :

My Diploma Certificate and Transcripts are showing name of Institute as "Regional Computer Centre, Calcutta" . Now the Institute name has been changed post my graduation. I contacted my Institute for veryfication of Transcripts as per rule of WES and sending the verified Transcripts in a seales enevelop with Institute seal and signature etc. My Institute agreed to do the same. But the seal , envelops all will carry the new name i.e "National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology,Kolkata" instead of old name "Regional Computer Centre, Calcutta".
Kindly confirm if WES will accept seal of the institute's changed name. If there is any more documentation is required kindly inform me.

Thanks in advance,
Arit Das
aritkdas@gmail.com

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Dear All,

I am about to submit my educational details through WES for ECA. Kindly reply to the below query :

1. Bachelor of Science - 3 years full time Degree program from "University of Calcutta ".
The Institute is recognized in WES website. It is a Govt. of India Institute. I graduated in 1993.

2. PGDCA (Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application) - 2 years Diploma program from "Regional Computer Centre, Calcutta ".
This institute is recognized in WES website. It is a Govt. of India Institute and an Autonomous Institute. I graduated in 1997.

Now the post my graduation period , the second institute name has been changed from "Regional Computer Centre, Calcutta" to " National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology,Kolkata" . The details are available in following link of the Institute. I have checked that both names are recognized in WES Website.

Query :

My Diploma Certificate and Transcripts are showing name of Institute as "Regional Computer Centre, Calcutta" . Now the Institute name has been changed post my graduation. I contacted my Institute for veryfication of Transcripts as per rule of WES and sending the verified Transcripts in a seales enevelop with Institute seal and signature etc. My Institute agreed to do the same. But the seal , envelops all will carry the new name i.e "National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology,Kolkata" instead of old name "Regional Computer Centre, Calcutta".
Kindly confirm if WES will accept seal of the institute's changed name. If there is any more documentation is required kindly inform me.

Thanks in advance,
Arit Das
aritkdas@gmail.com
Have you tried ask WES, an email would be fine.

My two cents (though only those who faced the same issues can tell exactly how WES treats this matter): You are required to arrange to sent WES an attested marksheet/transcript. It will be same copy (but attested) as the one you send to WES directly. This should be enough, in my opinion. However, to assure everything goes well, while sending the copy, just put a cover letter mentioning the name changed. Also, you can print the notice (from the link you provided) and include that with your cover letter. I would have done the same, if I were in your shoes.

By the way, how did you managed to send the attested marksheet from the U of Calcutta? did you went to the university in person? can you share your experience?

Last edited:

aritkdas

Feb 20, 2020
Thanks a lot for your advice..I have already sent one mail to WES ..waiting for their reply
..I have not yet visited University of Calcutta as I am waiting to clear doubts related to diploma ...once this doubt is cleared , I will be visiting Univ of Calcutta in person..

Reactions: PhdStream

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks a lot for your advice..I have already sent one mail to WES ..waiting for their reply
..I have not yet visited University of Calcutta as I am waiting to clear doubts related to diploma ...once this doubt is cleared , I will be visiting Univ of Calcutta in person..
Best of luck for your journey to Canada, all the best.

Tej Saini

Mar 19, 2024
Dear All,

Query :

Thanks in advance,
Arit Das
aritkdas@gmail.com