Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
join the frustration....

So ICBC told me i can issue a BC driver's license (i have my foreign one) only if i bring the IMM 5292 (Confirmation of permanent residence)
Is there any other way?? i cannot take the bus for another 12 months I'm going nuts!
Can i issue a student visa while i'm waiting? can i get a D.L with student visa?

thanks thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raabhim said:
join the frustration....

So ICBC told me i can issue a BC driver's license (i have my foreign one) only if i bring the IMM 5292 (Confirmation of permanent residence)
Is there any other way?? i cannot take the bus for another 12 months I'm going nuts!
Can i issue a student visa while i'm waiting? can i get a D.L with student visa?

thanks thanks
Yes, you can with a valid study permit.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel your pain. I had a car back in california and I have been without my own car for over a year. We just don't have it in our budget to get one right now. I HATE not having my own ride. I'm lucky we do live near a bus route, restaurants, a mall and a grocery store. What really sucks is that we live 15 minutes from the border and I can't get there. I love my independence and having a car is the ultimate statement in independence.

Check the governing body that issues d.l. on their website and see what their requirements are. I got my Ontario D.L. by providing my driving abstract from the state I'm from and explaining I lost my license. I hope this helps.