+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spouse sponsorship 2022-2023

SkyW192

Sep 6, 2023
Hi there,

I have two questions but first a little bit of context

I submitted my application on October 20th, 2022 and everything was going pretty fast in the beginning I received my AOR in less than a month (November 10th, 2022. ) then I received the request for the CSQ which I submitted by December 12th and from then complete silence, I thought that maybe because I already did everything Medical exams and all so I just had to wait for the decision.
Biometrics, Medical exam and Eligibility and Completed since March 2023 according to Ircc-tracker and Background check is In progress.
On July 18, 2023 I did a GCMS request to know if something was going on since I didn’t receive a communication since Novembre 2022 and 10 days later on July 28 I received my AIP followed by the GCMS notes on August 2nd, the last note recorded on the GCMS was from January 12, 2023 confirming the reception of the CSQ.

- my first question is: is it okay for me to apply for a OWP even though there was already one submitted with my PR application or is it gonna be a problem if I have 2 OWP application at the same time ?

- my second question is : is it normal that the Spouse Sponsorship application is stuck on Background check ( referring to the tracker status) for 6months ? Or is there something I can do to get it moving again?

thanks for you time ^_^
Good luck to everyone waiting as well

Last edited: