+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland or Outland

phillyax

Feb 19, 2010
Hello everyone. I am American and recently married my Canadian girlfriend. We were married in the states, but plan on living in Canada. I just wanted some advice on outland and inland applications. I know outland is faster, but I wanted to apply for an open work permit so that I could start working faster. My question is, if I apply inland, can I apply for an open work permit at the same time as my inland pr application? And how long does it take to get an open work permit from when you first apply?

Also, when can I apply for an open work permit if I apply outland? Thank you to anyone that can help.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Read this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-you-advise-inland-pr-please-help-t34283.0.html;msg217174#msg217174

bflava

Star Member
Feb 2, 2010
if u apply in-land make sure u send all yr application for OWP too at the same time and ask them to process it after the 1st stgae of approval......

i dont need to poin u to which direction as u have figured out which route u want but..

Why dont u do out-land application and in this case u can be or r spouse can be in the US but s/he has to proof that s/he will return to live in canada once Pr is approve , ( proof of a rental lease, Job offer.. somethng to show u will move with yr spouse .) outland is much much more faster in general months.....

Well with outland u can only get the owp once 1st stage approve is in place and with this too the burden of proof has to be alot, ie maybe joint things to show u living together..

in all direction or route.. Good luck and take yr time with the application ok...