+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial PR Card. Do I need to send in photos?

CANGIN

Aug 31, 2020
I received my CoPR by email on July 21st. It included instructions for sending a copy of the CoPR along with photos for get my initial PR card. I sent in official photos with my initial PR application packet. Also, I contacted IRCC on the phone and they said that my initial PR card is "processing". My question is, do I need to send in more photos than the ones I initially sent with my PR application packet? Thanks in advance.

jetzhou

Mar 24, 2020
Read and follow the instruction. If you are saying the digital photo you placed in the PR application, that's not working. They have specific requirement on photo size, including the stamped from the photo taker and something else. Read the instruction though, it cannot be more clear.

CANGIN

Aug 31, 2020
I am not saying the digital photo from my PR application. I applied for my PR with a paper application so I have already sent in 2 photos with the specific requirements on photo size that were stamped by the photo taker, etc. that were sent in with my paper application. This is why it is not clear.

CANGIN

Aug 31, 2020
I found this in the application guide. For anyone in the same boat as me. Looks like if you sent in a paper application with the specified photos you do not have to send in more photos to obtain your initial PR card.

Photos
If your application is approved, we’ll use the photos you include in your application package to create a Permanent Resident Card for you (and your family members, if applicable).