+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information sharing between Canada and USA?

Pichon

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-08-2014
Hello,
I am new to forum, and would like to receive some advise on this. I plan to apply under CEC shortly. I know that canadian immigration has some sort of "information sharing" with USA immigration or border agency or smth like that. But does anybody know specifically what kind of information CIC would request from USA immigration or border agency on my name? My entry/departure dates, if I ever been deported, what kind of visas I received and when, what visas I've been rejected and when, if I ever commited any crime?
I mean, I was 3 times in the US, the third time live for 1 year with a some sort of exchange visa, I was never deported, always departured on time, no crime, nothing, etc. But I was rejected US visa twice. And in my 2 previous work permit applications I stated that I was rejected only once (I totally forgot that after I got rejected the first time, after some time (few months?) I re-applied or I applied again for another one, I do not remember even what kind of visa, it was 12 years ago!).
And I know that when I will apply for PR, CIC definatelly will check information from my previous application, and if I will write in PR application that I was rejected twice US visa - I am scared that they will treat it as missrepresentation and my application might be declined. And if I will leave the same information as in my previous work applications, they might find out this information from USA immigration or border agency and again, I will be accused of missrepresentation and my application might be declined.

So I am just asking, what information they might request from USA? Is it possible that they will see that I was rejected US visa twice 12 years ago?
Thanks for any input on this...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Assume that they will find out everything. Plan your application accordingly. They will forgive lots of things but they won't forgive lies.

Pichon

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-08-2014
Thank you. But do you actually know what information CIC requests from USA about the person who applies for PR? Or they just would provide my name to some immigration or border agency and would get everything?

Actually I've been trying to find out my personal information about my travels to USA myself, because even though I need for PR "travels for the last 10 years", I want to know exact dates when I applied for US visas, because I do not remember. I contacted US embassy in my country, and they said they do not have that information...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
From what I have seen through the documentary series about the Canadian Border Services, they have direct computer access to USA records, both immigration and criminal. They don't need to make requests for information.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
zardoz said:
Assume that they will find out everything. Plan your application accordingly. They will forgive lots of things but they won't forgive lies.
I totally agree with Zardoz here. Disclose everything, and tell CIC everything they need to know or ask for.
Attach explanation letters where necessary.

Pichon

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
21-08-2014
I just consulted with a lawyer, and he told me do not worry - simply state the truth, that my US visa was rejected twice, and explain why I forgot to declare that second time in my previous 2 TWP applications (I hope CIC will believe that I really forgot this 12 years old matter..).
He said, that the purpose of that question "have you ever been refused visa to Canada or any other country" is to find out the reason why the visa was refused (if I violated any immigration law, or I tried to get a visa fraudulently, etc). I did not violated anything, simply did not satisfy the requirements for student visa, or visitor visa...

So basically I will state the truth in the application, write the explanation letter and pray that everything would be ok...

Thank you guys for your input on this. :)