+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ineligible profile twice: I'd really appreciate your help!

protogina1

Feb 25, 2021
Hey there, my husband and I tried twice, and we received the ineligible letter, so we didn't even get to see our score.
A bit about us:
-We both have more than one year of continuous experience in our main NOC

-our IELTS is less than two months old.
My grades:
Listening 9
Reading 8.5
Writing 7
Speaking 8

Husband:
Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7
Speaking 7

We both got our ECA through WES. (Though we didn't upload a paper, since it didn't ask us for one, only a ref. number)

Our age may be a factor, but I don't think it would be bad enough to make us ineligible:
I am 35 and he is 38

Any ideas of what we could have done wrong? Thanks!

-

protogina1

Feb 25, 2021
We both have this:
Canadian equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Our NOC's are both under the "A" category.

protogina1

Feb 25, 2021
Are you the main applicant? Did you say yes - to job offer, nominations, certification. If you did, say no.
He is the main applicant. We didn't say yes to those, but we'll try a second time. Also, we didn't know if we are supposed to add a reference letter from our current employers somewhere, since it isn't part of the form. Thank you for taking the time to help us!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You should be the main applicant because you are 35 with better IELTs scores. Your score will be higher. I didn't calculate but his profile may be ineligible (doesn't have 67 points). What are your NOCs because you will not get an invitation through Express Entry so you will need to look at provincial programs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He is the main applicant. We didn't say yes to those, but we'll try a second time. Also, we didn't know if we are supposed to add a reference letter from our current employers somewhere, since it isn't part of the form. Thank you for taking the time to help us!
Does he have at least 67 points under the FSW points system?

protogina1

Feb 25, 2021
This is a very good suggestion! Thank you! We tried this way because at the same time he has been working for more than ten years at his current job, while I have only been working one year with my current employer. We both are type A NOC's.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is a very good suggestion! Thank you! We tried this way because at the same time he has been working for more than ten years at his current job, while I have only been working one year with my current employer. We both are type A NOC's.
Ok so you only have a year of experience but still is his profile as main applicant even eligible.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Review all the answers you provided for your profile creation, if you meet the minimum requirements usually it is an issue with giving the wrong answer to a question or not fill out your profile properly such as your work experience.

Make sure you've inputted your reference numbers for your ECA and IELTS test report form correctly.

Last edited: