+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ineligibility email after 8 months of opening EE profile.

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
I had filed a refugee claim in Canada. As soon as my claim failed, I voluntarily left Canada within the given time frame. However, last year on Nov I opened EE profile with low CRS score due poor IELTS score. Today, I'm totally thunderbolt notifying with this email below:
Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express Entry at this time.Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.
Now, I am totally destructed worrying about: as I'm a failed refugee claimant, this might be the reason they declared me ineligible? What does immigration law say, a failed refugee claimant is completely INADMISSIBLE to Canada with EE profile? Could I be reopen profile/ eligible with improved IELTS score in near future?
Dear experts, I apologize for such a long post. But However, Please relieve my anxiety by providing your valued suggestion. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - your refugee claim isn't the problem. Something else is the problem. Yes - the profile can be re-opened if you address whatever the problem is. Go through the list that has been provided in the message from CIC. One of these things is likely the problem.

EDIT: If you had an open work permit as a result of claiming refugee status in Canada, make sure you don't include any of the work experience you gained on that open work permit in your Express Entry profile. It cannot be counted.

Last edited: