+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal after PR

saravanan_B

Jun 18, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I have to renew my passport within the year. I was going through the FAQ on the CGI Toronto page and I wound up confused.
  1. Do I need to get the Verification of Status document, since I don't have the landing papers. I only received the CoPR when I got my PR through the CEC program.
  2. Do I need to submit proofs for both my Indian and Canadian address? It says that the Canadian address will be printed on the passport for PR holder.
  3. Personal Particulars Form
    1. I haven't lived at my present Canadian address for more than a year. And I had to move twice last year. So should I mention both the previous addresses on the personal particulars form?
    2. Should I fill two additional PP forms and also mention the previous Canadian addresses on Question 9 on each form.
    3. What do they mean by police station for the Indian and Canadian address. Do they need the police station address?
Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Saravanan

chawlaabhinav13

Jul 24, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have to renew my passport within the year. I was going through the FAQ on the CGI Toronto page and I wound up confused.
  1. Do I need to get the Verification of Status document, since I don't have the landing papers. I only received the CoPR when I got my PR through the CEC program.
  2. Do I need to submit proofs for both my Indian and Canadian address? It says that the Canadian address will be printed on the passport for PR holder.
  3. Personal Particulars Form
    1. I haven't lived at my present Canadian address for more than a year. And I had to move twice last year. So should I mention both the previous addresses on the personal particulars form?
    2. Should I fill two additional PP forms and also mention the previous Canadian addresses on Question 9 on each form.
    3. What do they mean by police station for the Indian and Canadian address. Do they need the police station address?
Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Saravanan
Hey, I'm in the same boat as point (1). What did you have to do about it to meet the requirements?