+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian DL Extract not being accepted due to QR code error by Indian Govt.

Alt_232

Jun 8, 2022
Hi,

I am permanent resident from Delhi, India. I am in the process of applying for a drivers license in Toronto. Since I have 10+ years of experience driving in india, I got a SIGNED & STAMPED DL Extract from the RTO in Delhi.

When I went in for my G1 test, I provided my extract so that I would be allowed to directly give G driving test after clearing my G1 knowledge test. I was told that they CANNOT accept my extract because they are getting an error when they try to scan the QR code. The extract is an original copy WITH a stamp and a sign. I tried explaining it to them in every way that it is the original extract but they would not listen at all. Completely uncooperative with no empathy. They said all they can do is count 1 year of driving experience (as opposed to the 10 I actually have) and I would have to give G2.

When I tried scanning the QR code myself with a mobile scanner, it takes me to the govt. sarathi parivahan website with an error that reads "Looks like server failed to load your request, try again". The fact that it takes me to the website is proof that its legit and that the only reason I am being shafted is because the RTO hamster-wheel servers doesn't provide the digital extract.

What am I supposed to do here?
I tried to get a fresh reprint of my extract from the RTO website and tried to scan the QR code on that, and it gives me the same error.
This is extremely frustrating and any suggestions/solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!