+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect name in principal applicant

Aug 8, 2023
I have recently applied for a visitor visa to Canada and got approved. However I noticed that my name is incorrect in principal applicant section and the same mistake in passport collection request letter. However, my name was correct in biometric collection request letter. It guess my name was incorrectly typed by biometric facility. Has anybody went through the same issue.

I have raised a webform but after some research i got to know that webform can take more than 1 month to get a reply. I don't have that much time since passport collection request is only valid for one month.

Thanks

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I have recently applied for a visitor visa to Canada and got approved. However I noticed that my name is incorrect in principal applicant section and the same mistake in passport collection request letter. However, my name was correct in biometric collection request letter. It guess my name was incorrectly typed by biometric facility. Has anybody went through the same issue.

I have raised a webform but after some research i got to know that webform can take more than 1 month to get a reply. I don't have that much time since passport collection request is only valid for one month.

Thanks
Submitting the web form was the correct thing to do. I suggest you submit your passport as requested, hopefully they will figure it out. No point delaying.