+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inadmissibility due to Hepatitis C

asimrafiq

Nov 21, 2015
Dear All,
I am new to this forum and want to get some update dated information for Medicals. I have applied submitted application for immigration in Aug-2014, and had interview on 5-Oct-2015 and successfully completed.
Now I have done my medicals for Canada immigration and it shows positive HCV. On further evaluation it showed Active and high Viral Load.

I am worried now, what could be the decision in this case. I have been searching on the net but cannot find a reliable and clear information as to what can be the possible decision.

Pleas reply if some one have information for such cases. Also guide me if there is anything I can do now to avoid any negative decision. :'(

Regards
Asim

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
. Globally, an estimated 50–95% of people treated are cured.[7][8] With more recently developed medications cure rates are around 80 to 95%.[8] Those who develop cirrhosis or liver cancer may require a liver transplant. Hepatitis C is the leading reason for liver transplantation, though the virus usually recurs after transplantation

if curable then no inadmissibility, cant be cured or too advance disease then inadmissible.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
asimrafiq said:
Dear All,
I am new to this forum and want to get some update dated information for Medicals. I have applied submitted application for immigration in Aug-2014, and had interview on 5-Oct-2015 and successfully completed.
Now I have done my medicals for Canada immigration and it shows positive HCV. On further evaluation it showed Active and high Viral Load.

I am worried now, what could be the decision in this case. I have been searching on the net but cannot find a reliable and clear information as to what can be the possible decision.

Pleas reply if some one have information for such cases. Also guide me if there is anything I can do now to avoid any negative decision. :'(

Regards
Asim
'Curable' is one issue, but expense is the other, perhaps more important, one. How much does it cost to 'cure' Hep C? The new drugs the are extremely expensive, far more than the normal Canadian use of medical services. If indeed curable is a major criteria, then CIC is very likely to suggest you go off and get yourself cured, then reapply. They will look on Hepatitis C in this light:

- communicable and dangerous
- expensive to cure
- progressing to one of the most expensive medical procedures known, liver transplant

I would think that active Hepatitis C, with a high viral load, is almost the case definition of inadmissable. Even HIV would be better, because the treatment pathway is known and cheaper.

I don't meant to be pessimistic here -- but it's important that you realize what you're up against. You need to prepare an argument for why your condition won't cost too much money, or be transmitted within Canada, and that's going to require specialized knowledge and possibly an expert lawyer (NOT any lawyer, but one with relevant experience). For a start, I'd recommend looking up some of the long, detailed threads on inadmissability and HIV -- that's another blood-borne, viral disease.

And good luck!

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is one guy on this forum somewhere who has had experience of fighting a case of medical inadmissibility, I cant remember his name right now but try looking for medical inadmissibility in the forum or threads.

curable, manageable and you willing to offset costs of medication are the issues upon which your case will hinge.
be prepared for a fairness letter where either they will reject your claim or ask you for more info etc. etc.

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
ifeedly said:
as far as I remember his handle was computergeek
@ ifeedly you are right. His handle name is computergeek. I once checked his profile out , but it appeared he hasn't been online lately. Most of his postings are dated 2012-2013

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Please can anyone give some hint to someone that has had syphilis in the past and being treated?

I know with syphilis that it leaves a positive scar even after you have been treated. Also, for someone that has had cataract surgery in the past , is it wise to let CIC know ?

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Computer geek may not be active on this forum but he runs a website and support group for the inadmissibility issue.
you can go to his profile and click on the web link.

with what this applicant is facing I guess he should be proactive and seek out help wher-ever he can.
:)

ifeedly

Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
highty said:
Please can anyone give some hint to someone that has had syphilis in the past and being treated?

I know with syphilis that it leaves a positive scar even after you have been treated. Also, for someone that has had cataract surgery in the past , is it wise to let CIC know ?

SYphilis is a bacterial infection and can be treated effectively, if you do not have active infection and it has been treated then no issue.
Cataract surgery is the second most common situation worldwide.
AND its always wise to tell CIC honest truth.

qu1984

Aug 3, 2016
Salam brother Asim,

Just wondering if you recieved any reply from CIC and if you are undergoing the treatment now, my relative is in the same boat ( although the virus count is low).

Jazak Allah khair.

johnwilson123

Oct 20, 2019
Dear sir/madam,

i have one query regarding medical fitness for immigration to canada or Australia. one of my close friend is trying for canda or Australia immigration. he is a Medical Professional that is Physiotherapist (Physical therapist)by Profession
he has history of hepatitis c in past that has been treated 3 years back. He has All his medical fitness certificate by doctor and blood test report showing virus not detected or nil , liver function test is completely normal, but his anti HCV is positive as told by Gastroentologist
Anti HCV would remain Positive for whole life. so, he has history of hepatitis c in past with Anti HCV positive but HCV viral load nil and liver function test normal. he is concerned about Applying for PR because his anti hcv is positive and he is medical profession.please reply me Asap.
Thanks for your Reply.