+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"In Process" on ECAS. Outland PR, London office. Estimated time frames.

Lucy M

Oct 15, 2014
Hello,
I am a British citizen currently in Canada with my Canadian husband. Applied for PR (spousal sponsorship, outland) on May 25th. Application was received in Mississauga May 27th. We received sponsor approval July 30th. The sponsor approval letter sent to my husband informed us that my application had been sent to the London office for processing. When I log on to my ECAS it states; 1. "We received your application May 27th" 2. "We began processing your application August 6th" 3. "Medical results have been received."
My question is; does "we began processing your application..." actually just mean it has been received in London, but will sit in a pile of applications for several months before being looked at, or, does this message mean someone has actually opened up the application and at least had a look at it?
I called CIC as needed to update my address (which, despite doing through ECAS online several times, and waiting, it never changed. They had very old addresses for me as my current address, which was baffling.) Anyway, CIC told me on the phone that an immigration officer at the London office had begun working on my file on August 6th, and that "in process" means they have opened the file, not just received it. As much as I want to believe this, it seems highly unlikely that this would happen so quickly?
I am pregnant. Husband and I are expecting our first baby in November. I have previously held two IEC visa's for Canada, and my husband held the equivalent visa for the UK. We spent a year travelling together before returning to Canada in March, and I currently have a Visitor Record. It was suggested in another forum that me being pregnant may speed up the process for us. Again, as much as I'd like to believe I will get PR sooner rather than later, given the current average processing times at the London office it seems highly unlikely that I will get my PR this year. Am hopeful it will be before my passport needs renewal, which is May 2016.
What are people's most recent experiences regarding time frames at the London office for PR through spousal sponsorship? Have others received the "In Process" message on ECAS? And if so, when? And are you still waiting? Or how long was it between the "In Process" update and the next update?
Thanks for any info/experience you're able to share, much appreciated. :)
Lucy

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I suggest you join the London thread and look at the spreadsheet http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.18120.html.

Many recent London apps have gone "In Process" quickly. No one can tell you how long it will take. I can tell you that your pregnancy will not speed up your application.

Telia

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 May 2015
Doc's Request.
03 Nov 2015
AOR Received.
29 July 2015
File Transfer...
29 July 2015
Med's Request
03 nov. 2015
Med's Done....
20 august 2015
Interview........
God only knows
Passport Req..
God only knows
Hi .. My case also is the same. My application received in Mississauga in 20 May . We didn't get AOR . Till 29 July ,my husband called CIC and the officer told him on the phone that he got SA and my file had transferred to VO. London. And we must a letter . So after one week when I logged on my ECAS it was also in process , I didn't understand that time what it means , now while I'm reading the forum, I see that there is some hope . In the letter that they sent they asked me to do the medicals , so in 20 august me and my kids we done our medical . And sent to VO .. Thanks to all of you for these forum, really helping me, and also I enjoy reading :)

Lucy M

Oct 15, 2014
Thanks canuck_in_uk. Will check it out. I didn't think my pregnancy would make any difference myself. (Although it would be super convenient to have everything tied up before renewing my passport next May and getting babies passport as we plan to attend a wedding in England then, so part of me was very much hoping the lady who told me this might have been right...)
Ought I to have received a letter from the visa office in London once they start working on my application? An AOR2 or something? I haven't received any such letter, and on ECAS it says they began processing August 6th. So this also makes me think "in process" just means "received"... Any thoughts/ideas? What is the general opinion - that they are processing faster currently, or that they have decided to write "in process" now as soon as applications are received?
Thanks again for help :)
- and good luck Telia, if they have requested things from you it sounds as though your application is most definitely being looked at and therefore is truly "in process". That's good news.

polixenes

Sep 29, 2014
Lucy,

I'm a Brit in Canada as of August but did outland application from overseas beforehand. I applied in December, we got spouse approval in February and then an email to say our app had gone to London.

I sat at Application Received status for a few months and then in August I was In Process and as of this week I am Decision Made. No acknowledgment by mail or email ever came from London, and we still await an email/letter confirming what the Decision is.

canadian1979

Sep 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ received 11/08/2015
AOR Received.
28-05-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015 ecas status in process as from Aug 14 2015 Decision made 31 Oct 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 7 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 18 2015
polixenes said:
Lucy,

I'm a Brit in Canada as of August but did outland application from overseas beforehand. I applied in December, we got spouse approval in February and then an email to say our app had gone to London.

I sat at Application Received status for a few months and then in August I was In Process and as of this week I am Decision Made. No acknowledgment by mail or email ever came from London, and we still await an email/letter confirming what the Decision is.
Hi Polixenes, have you updated your mailing address when you left the UK? My wife is coming to wait for her PR Application in Canada and i was wondering if this is possible to put my address in her file?
please help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canadian1979 said:
Hi Polixenes, have you updated your mailing address when you left the UK? My wife is coming to wait for her PR Application in Canada and i was wondering if this is possible to put my address in her file?
please help.
You should most definitely be updating her address to the Canadian one.

canadian1979

Sep 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ received 11/08/2015
AOR Received.
28-05-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015 ecas status in process as from Aug 14 2015 Decision made 31 Oct 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 7 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 18 2015
polixenes said:
Yes I did, both my mailing address and email address. You can do it online through their website.
Thanks so much. I figured it out :)

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
We got SA April 29 and app was sent to Ottawa, when I go on ecas all it says is "Application Received", when I click it, it says:

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on April 8, 2015.
2.Medical results have been received.

Should I be worried yet?

Lucy M

Oct 15, 2014
Thank you Polixenes, that's helpful to know your time lines and experience. Keep us posted and hopefully you receive something in the post very soon. And congrats on Decision Made. That's exciting news!