+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In-Land Spousal April09 timeline

molinaragon

Sep 12, 2009
CIC-Vegreville seems to be on the ball and several weeks ahead of the processing date posted on their site.

I am from New York/Chicago and I married my husband, a Canadian citizen on January 19th 2009. We met four years ago in Turkey, kept up a long distance relationship for three years, then I came to visit in August 2008 and we decided never to be apart again so we got married.

Here is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 3, 2009.

We started processing your application on April 21, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Hopefully this is a good decision!

We sent in 10 pictures of us together in Turkey, another 10 from our wedding, and probably another 15 or so from trips and pictures from holidays and with his family.
We included a letter from my father in-law stating that we have been living together since Aug 2008, (in the father in laws house) and that he was happy to have me in his family, etc. (my father in law also happens to be a commissioned member of the RCMP) I sent in a photocopy of my mother's card to us congratulating us on our wedding. )

On the statement I included information about the things we like to do together. our interests, our many trips we have taken in canada, and information about how I am an active member in Canadian society and how I have acclimated.

Our ceremony was private, no family members, just maid of honour, best man, photographer. It was Star Trek themed, except for my dress of course. I explained the importance of us doing our ceremony this way. We had a reception with 30+ friends at a local bar. And a separate family celebration, dinner where we announced our marriage to the 30+ family members.

We both have university degrees and no kids.

I didn't have phone records or online conversations.

Hope this helps!
BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!

N27

Aug 18, 2009
I hope it is good news!

We sent our inland application on may 6, started processing on May 26. 09. I guessing we should be getting any update in our application very soon.