+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In Canada Application processing time

jk2010

Sep 8, 2010
I sent the In-Canada sponsorship package to Vegreville on March 2010. It's 7th of September today, and I haven't heard anything from Vegreville.
Can anyone tell me if it usually takes this long to get the first letter?
Thank you.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
jk2010 said:
I sent the In-Canada sponsorship package to Vegreville on March 2010. It's 7th of September today, and I haven't heard anything from Vegreville.
Can anyone tell me if it usually takes this long to get the first letter?
Thank you.
it normally takes 8 to 9 months from the time they receive your application to hear anything as per the CIC website. Do you have an ecas number yet?. If not i would advise you to call them and ask them for your ECAS file number and you can check online. i posted my paperwork to veg in jan and they started processing my application in march, 2010. Still not heard anything as of yet. Also, vegreville is experiencing a slow period right now, i am imagining due to processing school applications, extensions etc.. . So after the schools open i am hoping they will be superfast (HOPING!) .
We have an INLANDERS thread somewhere here. You will get tonnes of advice and can share your story/frustrations and maybe be encouraged by others in the same boat as you..I encourage you to check it out :)

jk2010

Sep 8, 2010
Black-Berry said:
it normally takes 8 to 9 months from the time they receive your application to hear anything as per the CIC website. Do you have an ecas number yet?. If not i would advise you to call them and ask them for your ECAS file number and you can check online. i posted my paperwork to veg in jan and they started processing my application in march, 2010. Still not heard anything as of yet. Also, vegreville is experiencing a slow period right now, i am imagining due to processing school applications, extensions etc.. . So after the schools open i am hoping they will be superfast (HOPING!) .
We have an INLANDERS thread somewhere here. You will get tonnes of advice and can share your story/frustrations and maybe be encouraged by others in the same boat as you..I encourage you to check it out :)
Thank you for the help. I feel much better to know that I'm not the only one going through this.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
NP.. check out the "inlanders" thread. There are so many of us in the same boat. You will get an idea of what to expect ;)