+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Importing car from USA to Canada - Michigan border

AkashPatel1990

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi All,

I will be moving to Canada in July. I am planning to import my car from US (Michigan) to Canada. I see there are three US borders that Michigan shares with Canada (1.Detroit/Detroit-Windsor Tunnel 2. Detroit/Windsor(Ambassador Bridge) 3. Port Huron/Sarnia 4. Sault Sainte Marie).

I plan to drive to Toronto and live there. Which border crossing is better for importing, any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks

anujm2000

Jan 15, 2017
I used the Ambassador bridge - the export / import paperwork on both sides can be done on the weekends too. I would recommend this option.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I used the Ambassador bridge - the export / import paperwork on both sides can be done on the weekends too. I would recommend this option.
HI. I have a question. how long US customs (ambassador bridge) take to respond back to the 72 hours email.I sent them yesterday with ITN, VIN etc. and haven't heard anything from them yet. My export date is June 28th. Thanks.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
HI. I have a question. how long US customs (ambassador bridge) take to respond back to the 72 hours email.I sent them yesterday with ITN, VIN etc. and haven't heard anything from them yet. My export date is June 28th. Thanks.
Hi did they reply ? also is there any formailty or paper to be declared while entering canada?