+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important-Regarding Document Notarization

champ001

Sep 4, 2012
Hi,
As per CIC guidelines, we need to submit copy of documents. It nowhere asks for notarization (except for translated docs), but I also read on this forum, that by certifying documents, we might make the processing faster. Taking this into account, I was planning to certify few key documents (not all) such as passport copy, letter for reference,education(post grad), birth certificate.

Can anyone of you tell me if this idea is okay or will it create any kind of confusion on why I certified only few docs?

Thanks!

champ001

Sep 4, 2012
Experts..plz reply...

champ001 said:
Hi,
As per CIC guidelines, we need to submit copy of documents. It nowhere asks for notarization (except for translated docs), but I also read on this forum, that by certifying documents, we might make the processing faster. Taking this into account, I was planning to certify few key documents (not all) such as passport copy, letter for reference,education(post grad), birth certificate.

Can anyone of you tell me if this idea is okay or will it create any kind of confusion on why I certified only few docs?

Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
champ001 said:
Hi,

You are correct, certified copies are no longer required (with the exception of translated documents). If you pay for certified copies, it will not help or "speed up" the process in anyway, it will be a waste of money. But it won't hurt, either.