+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important question about sponsorship!!want to bring my girlfriend into Canada!

maax

Aug 23, 2007
Hey guys, I have a few questions about immigration.
I have a girlfriend that I am trying to get into Canada. Now if I prove that we are common law, does that mean I have to be living with her, or is co-habitation a must. What if we join our bank accounts, bills, etc without co-habitating. Can we still be considered common law. If we can prove that in our culture we are not able to live together before getting married due to religious/cultural reasons. ?

I was told that if you marry her, she can be here within 2-4 months. It is the fastest route right?

Secondly, my girlfriend has been in Canada for 4 years, is graduating from York University with a degree in Political Science and is going for her Human Resources certification which is highly in demand in the work force. Now after she is done, another option we discussed is for her to apply as a skilled worker , and speed things up by getting a job offer or work permit. Does this speed up the application process for her to get her PR resident card? Can she be in the country while waiting for her PR card or does she have to go back home? I was told she can stay in here. Also what if she wants to visit her family back home while waiting for her PR status as she has a multiple entry/multple extension visa..can she do that? I was told she can if she shows close ties to her homeland? Can you confirm that?

I have e-mailed my mp in my riding a year back when I lost my citizenship card and got it within 2 weeks (normally takes 7 months) , so I do believe in contacting the honrouable minister of immigration and citizenship and telling her to send a recommendatory letter to CIC to expedite my GF's case and I will obviously make good grounds for it. I believe in using the higher powers that be to get things done, I have done this countless times over my life, to get a second chance at school, for my passport, citizenship, etc

Also what is your take on using a lawyer, many of them promise you entry in canada 100% in 6-7 months for a fee and I know people who have benefited from them?

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Maax