+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important n urgent::::Health condition of my son

gulshan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2010
Hi , I need your suggestion if possible. We landed in canada as skilled worker PR with our kids. When my son was 9 month year we got medical request from CIC. And we all passed medical exams and landed Canada after one year. When my son arrived at 2.5 years old then he spoke 1 or 2 words. So we worried and take to doctor. He referred to pediatric doctor. He continued to observe him upto 9 month..after that he referred to psychiatrist. So my son was waiting list for upto one year. Finally he was diagnosed Autism Spectrum Disorder at the age of 3 and 9 month. Now he is 5 year old . We are going to apply for citizenship after two month. He speaks well now a days. He a few issues ( social and behaviour but he is improving) as compared to normal kids.

Would his health condition like Autism will affect citizenship case of her and ours. Please guide and suggest me.

I heard some news for rejection of PR. But we are already PR holders and now we eligible to apply for citizenship with kids.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi , I need your suggestion if possible. We landed in canada as skilled worker PR with our kids. When my son was 9 month year we got medical request from CIC. And we all passed medical exams and landed Canada after one year. When my son arrived at 2.5 years old then he spoke 1 or 2 words. So we worried and take to doctor. He referred to pediatric doctor. He continued to observe him upto 9 month..after that he referred to psychiatrist. So my son was waiting list for upto one year. Finally he was diagnosed Autism Spectrum Disorder at the age of 3 and 9 month. Now he is 5 year old . We are going to apply for citizenship after two month. He speaks well now a days. He a few issues ( social and behaviour but he is improving) as compared to normal kids.

Would his health condition like Autism will affect citizenship case of her and ours. Please guide and suggest me.

I heard some news for rejection of PR. But we are already PR holders and now we eligible to apply for citizenship with kids.
No it won’t effect citizenship. It could have resulted in PR refusal so you got lucky.