+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important Amendment on Police Certificates

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not "within 3 months" any more. good news.

THE CIC HAS JUST RECENTLY AMENDED THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE POLICE CERTIFICATES AS FOLLOWS:

Under Express Entry, For the country in which the applicant currently lives: the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before application.

For countries in which the applicant has lived for six months or more: the police certificate must be issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
Wow that really makes things easy for people to prepare for their documents.
I would have had my PCC done by now if this was the rule. LOL ! Good for future prospects

itsns

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
submitted
mars_xiao said:
Not "within 3 months" any more. good news.

THE CIC HAS JUST RECENTLY AMENDED THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE POLICE CERTIFICATES AS FOLLOWS:

Under Express Entry, For the country in which the applicant currently lives: the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before application.

For countries in which the applicant has lived for six months or more: the police certificate must be issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
actually can you show us the link its updated on
I cant seem to find it thats why

roberto_hongo

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
itsns said:
actually can you show us the link its updated on
I cant seem to find it thats why
I found it on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp. Check under "Who needs a police certificate?" section.

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roberto_hongo said:
I found it on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp. Check under "Who needs a police certificate?" section.
Yes, that's it!

Evie Leonhart

Jan 31, 2015
I have a fingerprint certificate, is this the Police Certificate that CIC required? There are few different certificates, I really have no idea which one CIC needs :(

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Evie Leonhart said:
I have a fingerprint certificate, is this the Police Certificate that CIC required? There are few different certificates, I really have no idea which one CIC needs :(
On the CIC website there is a country-specific list of where to go to get what they need. Generally speaking, you submit your fingerprints to the authorities of countries where you have lived (in the US, for example, it's the FBI), and they return a report that tells you whether you have a criminal record in that country.