+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Importance of Optional Documents?

kpopgirl

May 24, 2022
I applied for Canada Study Permit under SDS category on May 4, 2022. I uploaded all the Mandatory and Supporting documents (proof of fee payment, GIC, IELTS score etc.) and I completed my medical and biometric also.

I did not know where to upload documents like Visa SOP, ITR, proof of sufficient funds etc. so I submitted my application without them.

I have raised a webform today (24 May 2022) and uploaded all these documents. Will this affect my chances?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for Canada Study Permit under SDS category on May 4, 2022. I uploaded all the Mandatory and Supporting documents (proof of fee payment, GIC, IELTS score etc.) and I completed my medical and biometric also.

I did not know where to upload documents like Visa SOP, ITR, proof of sufficient funds etc. so I submitted my application without them.

I have raised a webform today (24 May 2022) and uploaded all these documents. Will this affect my chances?
It may delay processing. If you don't get decision by first week of August then raise a webform.

kpopgirl

May 24, 2022
I did send an email to my local visa office but I received an automated reply that all communication needs to be via webform. Do they always send an email in such cases?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did send an email to my local visa office but I received an automated reply that all communication needs to be via webform. Do they always send an email in such cases?
They may or may not respond. You may not know until your get a response on your application.

Anon4545

May 24, 2022
I have submitted documents via webform a few days ago and still have not received any correspondence. The whole process is so brutal.

kpopgirl

May 24, 2022
I have submitted documents via webform a few days ago and still have not received any correspondence. The whole process is so brutal.
Hella brutal. One small mistake could lead to massive time+monetary loss. Pls do update in case you receive any info regarding your docs.

Kimberly Farley

May 16, 2022
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
30-04-2022
Med's Done....
06-05-2022
Additional documents should go under Client Information. It may take a long time for IRCC to receive your documents sent via webform, but maybe you will get the ppr without them...
Anyways, good luck!

kpopgirl

May 24, 2022
Additional documents should go under Client Information. It may take a long time for IRCC to receive your documents sent via webform, but maybe you will get the ppr without them...
Anyways, good luck!
Is there any way to expedite the process or to ensure these docs reach the concerned authorities?

Kimberly Farley

May 16, 2022
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
30-04-2022
Med's Done....
06-05-2022
Is there any way to expedite the process or to ensure these docs reach the concerned authorities?
Not that I know of. Some people may choose to withdraw and resubmit. But if your case is straightforward, it is better to wait for the result as the withdrawal takes a long time too...
And don't panic.. some of my friends passed under SDS without any additional documents.

kpopgirl

May 24, 2022
Not that I know of. Some people may choose to withdraw and resubmit. But if your case is straightforward, it is better to wait for the result as the withdrawal takes a long time too...
And don't panic.. some of my friends passed under SDS without any additional documents.
Not a v straight case unfortunately. But thank you for the input!