+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact of the new regulations pertaining to spousal open work permits(SOWP)

tattu

Jan 24, 2024
Hi folks,

My wife is the primary applicant and is currently in her final semester pursuing a post-baccalaureate diploma at one of the more reputed public universities. She is hoping to apply for her PGWP upon graduating in May 2024 and also has a TEER 1 job lined up, which starts in September 2024. I have been working full time for the past year (TEER 1) on a SOWP that was dependent on my wife's study permit. It is set to expire in March 2025.

Given the recent changes in the eligibility criteria for SOWP announced by the Hon'ble Marc Miller, would I still be eligible for an SOWP extension based on my wife's PGWP? Am I correct in understanding that the recent measures are only intended for SOWPs issued alongside study visas, or will the new eligibility exclude me from applying for my SOWP extension based on my wife's PGWP? Appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi folks,

My wife is the primary applicant and is currently in her final semester pursuing a post-baccalaureate diploma at one of the more reputed public universities. She is hoping to apply for her PGWP upon graduating in May 2024 and also has a TEER 1 job lined up, which starts in September 2024. I have been working full time for the past year (TEER 1) on a SOWP that was dependent on my wife's study permit. It is set to expire in March 2025.

Given the recent changes in the eligibility criteria for SOWP announced by the Hon'ble Marc Miller, would I still be eligible for an SOWP extension based on my wife's PGWP? Am I correct in understanding that the recent measures are only intended for SOWPs issued alongside study visas, or will the new eligibility exclude me from applying for my SOWP extension based on my wife's PGWP? Appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thank you
Yes you should be fine as long as your wife includes pay stubs

tattu

Jan 24, 2024
Yes you should be fine as long as your wife includes pay stubs
Thanks for the clarification. I am aware that the spouse of someone applying for a PGWP only qualifies for the Spousal Open Work Permit if the graduate already has an offer for or has started ‘skilled work’. Does this mean that if a valid offer exists, pay stubs aren't needed? In my case, my partner is due to start work only in September but will graduate in May. Does that mean we don't need to wait until she has started work?

Jan 25, 2024
Regularly, they contain a mix of normal mixtures, for example, Garcinia Cambogia, green tea concentrate, and apple juice vinegar. Besides, the chewy candies frequently contain nutrients and cell reinforcements that add to generally speaking wellbeing and prosperity.

tattu

Jan 24, 2024
Regularly, they contain a mix of normal mixtures, for example, Garcinia Cambogia, green tea concentrate, and apple juice vinegar. Besides, the chewy candies frequently contain nutrients and cell reinforcements that add to generally speaking wellbeing and prosperity.
....I'm sorry....what?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the clarification. I am aware that the spouse of someone applying for a PGWP only qualifies for the Spousal Open Work Permit if the graduate already has an offer for or has started ‘skilled work’. Does this mean that if a valid offer exists, pay stubs aren't needed? In my case, my partner is due to start work only in September but will graduate in May. Does that mean we don't need to wait until she has started work?
For you to apply for an SOWP extension your spouses must be working and have 3 pay stubs. Although I have seen some getting away with less pay stubs. Showing a job offer is not enough