+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to Canada

Elie1616

Oct 14, 2017
Greetings, I am a Palestinian refugee who was born here in Lebanon. I am 18 years old and I graduated from school last year with a 19/20 average and a 17.2/20 average on my official Lebanese Baccalaureate Exam and 1300/1600 on my SAT. As a Palestinian, life is really hard here in Lebanon as we face discrimination almost in everything we do or even try to. I personally have been facing disrimination and racism due to my Palestinian Nationality for 18 years. I wanted to study chemical engineering in University and this year is my first where I enrolled in NDU university because i have a 100% entrance scholarship, however my parents cannot afford NDU's tuition fees so i am demanded to keep my gpa high for this reason but keeping a 3.8/4 grade point average for 5 years is really difficult especially for engineering students and this situation keeps me worried all the time because i know that securing such a gpa with the traveling difficulties that i face every day and the family problem between my mother and my father as they are willing to get divorced in the future and all this stress on me will hinder the possibility to get such a high gpa. Therefore if I dont get this gpa I will drop out of NDU and I wouls be demanded to go to the LU university to study another major because i cannot apply for engineering and so I will be doing something that i am not passionate about, however my sister enrolled in the Lebanese University last year but she dropped out from the first semester as she couldnt handle the stress she faces everyday because of the ID phrase on her ID that she has to show to the security and to the advisor. Therefore I decided to apply for immigration to Canada which was my dream since i was a young child because I believe that Canada is the place where everyone can live and be happy and Canada gives everyone equal opportunities based on their human ID. Canada is the place where you feel that you exist and that you can do something in life and most importantly you can feel that you are equal to others. My father has a small store that he rented and he sells small industrial tools however he is in dept which is about 100000$ and he works hard trying to cover it but the profits are really decreasing especially after the Syrians started to sell their products here with much lower prices than the products here. My father barely covers the rent of our house and his store and we eat with the money that remains and his relationship with my mother is really bad as they havent spoken to eachother in years and they sleep in different rooms because my mother says that she cannot leave because my little brother is still young and if she leaves no one will take care of us. My sister and I have waked many days on their loud voice and even slept while it was still occuring. We also have no medical assistance as we really get worried if someone hurts himself and my father cannot provide us with the money needed for medical services neither will the country because we are refugees. I am applying to Canada because I want to feel equal and safe and work and study what i feel passionate about and help my family. I believe that I will do my best and work as hard as I can to succeed in work and in life and help my family as I can. I am 18 now and I am a legal adult and even though my parents would be sad if I left but they want the best for me because they now even if i try my best and study no matter at ehat university I will not be able to work in Lebanon and I will stay at home because I am a Palestinian refugee. I want to study and have a degree and work and live with average life standards and feel equal and try to help people who are really in need because I felt like them. My english proficiency is advanced as i took the TOEFEL and the SAt and i scored high grades. I am enquiring to see if i am eligible to immigrate to Canada and become a permanent resident where i could continue my engineering studies and work and live an equal life. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Canada has a number of different immigration programs each with their own requirements. You will have to spend time researching these programs to find out what it takes to immigrate. You can find detailed information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

At 18 years old, it's extremely unlikely you qualify to immigrate at this time. You need at least one full year of skilled and paid work experience to be considered - however just having a year of work experience absolutely does not guarantee you will be selected. There are also points given for education which means programs heavily favour those who have completed bachelor and masters degrees. Without a university or college degree - it tends to be quite difficult to qualify. You will also need to complete a language test to apply. TOEFEL is not accepted - you will need to take IELTS and will want to achieve a high score.

Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I assume NDU is Notre Dame University. I would take the scholarship and try your best. It is currently your best opportunity. If it doesn't work out you know you tried. Canadian immigration is unlikely without education or work experience.