+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration office name

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
In the Generic Application form for canada, question 4 - Immigration office requested for processing application, mine is Japan and the name says 'The Canadian Embassy'. But most countries it says ' The Canadian Embassy' or ' Canadian High Commision'... so what do I write there?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you referring to IMM0008 Generic? I don't see it at question 4 but there is an open field to enter "Visa office requested for the process of your application" between the language preference fields and question 1 (name). If that's it, I think they'll be satisfied with just "Tokyo." There's no need to be particular between "Embassy" and "High Commission." In fact, there are so many more important details to not only that form but the entire application.
dream99 said:
In the Generic Application form for canada, question 4 - Immigration office requested for processing application, mine is Japan and the name says 'The Canadian Embassy'. But most countries it says ' The Canadian Embassy' or ' Canadian High Commision'... so what do I write there?

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
ddobro2 said:
Are you referring to IMM0008 Generic? I don't see it at question 4 but there is an open field to enter "Visa office requested for the process of your application" between the language preference fields and question 1 (name). If that's it, I think they'll be satisfied with just "Tokyo." There's no need to be particular between "Embassy" and "High Commission." In fact, there are so many more important details to not only that form but the entire application.
That's the one! Thanks, ddobro2!