+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration office hold my wife's passport and her stay will be expired soon!

don_wei_nait

Jul 9, 2013
My wife and I applied immigration to Canada last year and we are still waiting for the Final decision. Couple month ago my wife came to Canada as a visitor. Immigration asked us to send Passport when she is in Canada then we sent out our Passport to Immigration office, she became to no id with her. Now her visitor visa will be expired soon, so does anybody know how does she extend her stay in Canada? Because we do not want to be separation again!
Can she keep stay in Canada after her visitor visa expired since Immigration hold her Passport and she can’t extend her visitor visa?

Thanks so much!!!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
don_wei_nait said:
My wife and I applied immigration to Canada last year and we are still waiting for the Final decision. Couple month ago my wife came to Canada as a visitor. Immigration asked us to send Passport when she is in Canada then we sent out our Passport to Immigration office, she became to no id with her. Now her visitor visa will be expired soon, so does anybody know how does she extend her stay in Canada? Because we do not want to be separation again!
Can she keep stay in Canada after her visitor visa expired since Immigration hold her Passport and she can't extend her visitor visa?

Thanks so much!!!
Sure you can, its on-line to apply and once they extend, they mail you the extension paper. My folks passport is in embassy too, and I applied online just like last time. They don't ask for passport, atleast in all the extensions we have done, never asked for it

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
P.S - Just received extension today, 1 year and this is w/o having passport at hand while its sitting in New Delhi

Applied Online

don_wei_nait

Jul 9, 2013
user828 said:
Sure you can, its on-line to apply and once they extend, they mail you the extension paper. My folks passport is in embassy too, and I applied online just like last time. They don't ask for passport, atleast in all the extensions we have done, never asked for it
Thanks for response,
When i applied it online for her and they asked her copy of passport with stamped pages (not original), my problem is about her copy of passport without stamp (the stamp of entry date). Does she just attach copy of passport without stamp or does she call immigration to send her passport back and make a copy with stamp?

rmj133

Dec 10, 2012
I have a similar kind of situation, but little more worst and don't know what to do at this point of time.

I applied for PR and had submitted passport last year Nov 2012. Now due to the Foreign workers' strike the CIC asked as to take back the passport and get a renew one. my pp is expiring in Oct 2013 and visitor's extension next month Aug 15.

What is the best thing to do? Going back to India is something last thing for me to do as this moment as we don't want separation.

Any other option we could try?

Any thought would be helpful. Thanks,