+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration medical

jadooxyz123

Nov 1, 2019
Hello All,

I had underwent a surgery for ulcerative colitis; since i had a disease my large colon had been removed. Now i am completely out of disease. So my concern is that is this will effect on my Canada Immigration Medical? if someone please let me know it will be great help. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don’t believe you can cure UC but you could be in remission. Will all depend on your current medical needs and potential costs. Are you taking any medication? Will you have medical needs because of absorption issues, etc.

jadooxyz123

Nov 1, 2019
I'm not taking any medicine. It has been 3 years now. After surgery I'm completely fine. Not even any medicine I'm consuming now. I'm completely alright.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then you have a good chance of being approved. I am not a physician so not sure if there are long term medical issues when it comes to absorption, etc. that will be a concern. There is always a possibility of an autoimmune disease flaring up again and after surgery there is always potential for scar tissue to cause issues. I would be honest about your condition but I think you should pass the medical. You may need to have your GI doctor confirm your current disease status,

jadooxyz123

Nov 1, 2019
As per my Gastro surgeon " once the Surgery is over, you're practically off the disease" should i need to submit some letter or something from my GI surgeon.? To immigration medical officer? If required some recent colonoscopy reports i can submit it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As per my Gastro surgeon " once the Surgery is over, you're practically off the disease" should i need to submit some letter or something from my GI surgeon.? To immigration medical officer? If required some recent colonoscopy reports i can submit it.
If you have an autoimmune disease you aren’t cured by a surgery. You may be in remission or longterm remission. It is up to you if you want to get letters or test results before or whether you wait and see if you are asked to provide extra information.

jadooxyz123

Nov 1, 2019
I am still worried .. as per my surgeon if done proctocolectomy and Creation of J pouch will completely off the ulcerative colitis.. since i had ulcerative colitis on large intestine. It as been removed completely.
Do medical officer will get to know about this? Should i say him before the medicals?