+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Medical Exam (IME) - Instructions not received

SGSG

Mar 16, 2022
Hello friends,

We need your help. We have an outland spousal application in process and on the PR-Tracker, we see that on Sept. 15, 2022, the medical exam activity was updated to in progress. The issue is that we never received any instructions related to the medical exam. We checked our emails and junk/spam folders and nothing in there. Also, we noticed an IME document number appeared under Documents tab, in the PR-Tracker.

Did someone experience this type of situation?
What should we do?
Should we wait or email the immigration office? Our visa office is London.

Thank you for all your help!

SGSG

Mar 16, 2022
Sometimes it takes a while for the email to arrive. It's normal.
But if they give 30 days to do the medical than we have already lost 10 days and no instructions yet. So to us, it is not making sense anymore. We just want to be told that we didn't provide them medical results when we didn't even received the instructions in first place. So worried and confused.

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hello friends,

We need your help. We have an outland spousal application in process and on the PR-Tracker, we see that on Sept. 15, 2022, the medical exam activity was updated to in progress. The issue is that we never received any instructions related to the medical exam. We checked our emails and junk/spam folders and nothing in there. Also, we noticed an IME document number appeared under Documents tab, in the PR-Tracker.

What should we do?

Did you check your GCkey ?
I did not receive as email too. Instead received the IME communication on GC key .

SGSG

Mar 16, 2022
Did you check your GCkey ?
I did not receive as email too. Instead received the IME communication on GC key .
Yes checked gckey and our junk emails as well and nothing in there. We are just wondering if we should email the visa office to flag this to them.

Thomasyxw

Oct 9, 2021
Hey guys, I am inland paper based spousal applicant, my case was submitted earlier of Aug. and received AOR earlier of Sep., and my medical passed in both GCKey & new tracker couple days after AOR without medical exam, and i didn't received any medical instruction either, I don‘t think I have any valid medical results in IRCC, does any one have same situation? I guess this is medical waiver? Should I worry anything? Thanks.

DanLamas988

Nov 3, 2022
Hello friends,

What should we do?

In most cases IME takes time. I have experience with IME Panel physicians in Toronto, however, the IME took almost a year. The cause of the delay is probably due to the panel physicians cancelling your IME multiple times. However, you should ask the panel physician to provide a laundry list of why they keep cancelling your IME appointment and try to have them reschedule your IME appointment. In my case, my husband had his physical exam on 5/14/2015. Due to the IME physician cancelling his initial IME appointment, his physical exam was rescheduled for 10/15/2015. (October 15, 2015, was my husband’s birthday) At the end of the day, there is no way to relieve your anxiety but to wait. As the other answers stated, you can take a look at the IME tracker to see if the cause of the delay is something else. Everyone in my city facing the same problem. But compared to my husband's experience, I have good experiences, I got a high score on the paper and all my questions were answered by a panel physician in Toronto, who has good knowledge about our subject. But Also you can try to contact the office to see what is going on. Good luck!

qqylotomxmtgnmikst

Oct 28, 2021
Hey guys, I am inland paper based spousal applicant, my case was submitted earlier of Aug. and received AOR earlier of Sep., and my medical passed in both GCKey & new tracker couple days after AOR without medical exam, and i didn't received any medical instruction either, I don‘t think I have any valid medical results in IRCC, does any one have same situation? I guess this is medical waiver? Should I worry anything? Thanks.
Hi Thomasyxw,
Did you end up getting a medical exam or were you exempted?