+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration in a business parnership

MD81

Sep 19, 2011
Hey guys hows it going? Im currently in canada on a temp visitor visa and have had it extended twice. Whats happened is a good friend of mine has a computer store in Alberta that he is a 50% partner in and he is looking to give me his share of the business with the other partner being silent. I would be in charge with the option to buy out the silent partner. How would it work with him signing over half of the business to me and for me to immigrate to work and live here on a permanent basis?

Meant to add the other partner is a candian native and has lived and worked here all his life. The business was an amalgamation of 2 computer stores into one but carried on the name of the oldest thats been running for 8 years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Won't work. To immigrate as an entrepreneur or investor you must show you have available funds to invest in Canada to qualify. For the federal program (which isn't accepting applications right now), you must be able to show that you have a net worth of at least $1.6 million and have $800K in available funds to invest in Canada. The funds have to be free / available. They can't already be invested in a business.

sapp_ron

Jan 15, 2013
Canada is a multicultural society that welcomes immigrants from all over the world. Foreign investors, attracted by our diverse economy and outstanding quality of life, have made Central Alberta their home. If you are interested in temporary or permanent business-related immigration or opening your own business there then you can contact immigration lawyer for more help.

smithelee

Feb 12, 2013
I think its not practically applicable.To immigrate as an entrepreneur there is certain amount of money needed to be invested.I thing business immigration for Canada is not so complicated in comparison to any other country.