+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Appeals Division and Alternate Dispute Resolution

Hibo03

Mar 6, 2024
I would be grateful if someone could assist me with the subsequent steps following a favorable outcome of an appeal with the IAD.
Backstory- My PRTD application was denied due to not meeting the RO requirement. To maintain my PR status, I lodged an appeal with the IAD. A month ago, I received a favorable decision through the ADR process, but I have not received any further communication since then. I am uncertain about the next steps I need to take.

Eusufzai

Oct 30, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
24-07-2015
AOR Received.
02-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Request
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
I would be grateful if someone could assist me with the subsequent steps following a favorable outcome of an appeal with the IAD.
Backstory- My PRTD application was denied due to not meeting the RO requirement. To maintain my PR status, I lodged an appeal with the IAD. A month ago, I received a favorable decision through the ADR process, but I have not received any further communication since then. I am uncertain about the next steps I need to take.
Hello Hibo03,

Greetings. I think as you have received a favourable decision through IAD , just wait for the PRTD. It’s very encouraging . However, may I know from which country did you apply and how many days you spent in Canada physically. I am in the similar situation. I have spent only 7 days in the past 5 years. Did you apply under H & C condition. Your response is highly appreciated.

warm regards,

Eusufzai

Hibo03

Mar 6, 2024
Hello Hibo03,

Greetings. I think as you have received a favourable decision through IAD , just wait for the PRTD. It’s very encouraging . However, may I know from which country did you apply and how many days you spent in Canada physically. I am in the similar situation. I have spent only 7 days in the past 5 years. Did you apply under H & C condition. Your response is highly appreciated.

warm regards,

Eusufzai
Hi Eusufzai,

At this point of time, I am not sure if waiting for the PRTD is the correct approach or not. In other words, I am not sure if the rejected PRTD application will be reopened and reworked, or I need to submit a new application.

Now to share some details about the case, as requested: I had spent over 720 days in Canada as on the day of exit from Canada. The appeal goes to the province of last residence, which for me was Ontario.

I had applied for a PRTD to return back to Canada which was ultimately rejected due to failure to meet the RO. Subsequently, I had to appeal with IAD to protect my status as a PR.
In that appeal, one has to share the details about the circumstances that warranted continuous absence from the country or any situation that demanded one's exit from the country. These should ideally be supported by genuine documents and proofs to say the least. And yes, it was under HnC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What you should be planning on returning to Canada and remaining in Canada when you receive your approved PRTD. It is strange that you have not been asked to submit your passport. How long has it been since you received your written appeal approval?

Hibo03

Mar 6, 2024
What you should be planning on returning to Canada and remaining in Canada when you receive your approved PRTD. It is strange that you have not been asked to submit your passport. How long has it been since you received your written appeal approval?
I'm just anticipating the PRTD right now. However, it's challenging to make plans without clear guidance at this moment. It has been almost a month since the ADR hearing and three weeks since I received a formal communication.