+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration and job and new job

commentbyiz

Oct 31, 2011
So, i'm currently employed full-time, and will be applying for PR in about 2 weeks. My PGWP expires end of november 2012, so by the time they receive my application, I'll have about 11 months left on my work permit. This means that I'll likely have to get a labour market opinion at some point. I'm very close with my current employer so he'll write me a great letter for immigration and will certainly help me file the LMO whenever i need to do so. My issue is that I hate my job! I like the people but I'm finding it boring. So, I have a question:

I want to start looking for another job. Let's say all goes well and I get another offer in a couple of months. I'm wondering if I should take that job because I don't know if my new employer would be willing to do an LMO, especially after only a few months of me working there. If I don't look for another job, I'll have to stay at my current job until I get my PR, which won't be for another 12-15 months, or possibly more!

So...any advice?

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi you dont need a employer to apply for CEC, but for working permit(LMO), you need a skilled job.
as long as you are qualified, apply for CEC assp.
but who knows the future eh? you might get better job? or losing job. dont know.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
commentbyiz said:
So, i'm currently employed full-time, and will be applying for PR in about 2 weeks. My PGWP expires end of november 2012, so by the time they receive my application, I'll have about 11 months left on my work permit. This means that I'll likely have to get a labour market opinion at some point. I'm very close with my current employer so he'll write me a great letter for immigration and will certainly help me file the LMO whenever i need to do so. My issue is that I hate my job! I like the people but I'm finding it boring. So, I have a question:

I want to start looking for another job. Let's say all goes well and I get another offer in a couple of months. I'm wondering if I should take that job because I don't know if my new employer would be willing to do an LMO, especially after only a few months of me working there. If I don't look for another job, I'll have to stay at my current job until I get my PR, which won't be for another 12-15 months, or possibly more!

So...any advice?
If you are on a PGWP and you find a new employer, hopefully they will like you and want to apply for an LMO for you when the time comes. It's easier to get an LMO for a person on an expiring PGWP. No advertising or recruitment required.