+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immidiate family exemption

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I am planning to have my mum and dad visit, the already have valid super visas.

Has anyone had their parents visit as "restrictions exempted?"
how did the process go?
Did they have to travel with any additional documents?

Thank you all

Lbatallanos

Aug 7, 2019
Hi! my sister is canadian citizen, I'm in the process of the PR, I sent an email to approve the exemption of my parents because I'm pregnant and they didn't approve it...they explained that it's not an essential trip.....
do you have any idea about the restrictions? I seriously thought direct family could come but I think they have to be direct family and a very good reason, and it looks like a birth is not =(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! my sister is canadian citizen, I'm in the process of the PR, I sent an email to approve the exemption of my parents because I'm pregnant and they didn't approve it...they explained that it's not an essential trip.....
do you have any idea about the restrictions? I seriously thought direct family could come but I think they have to be direct family and a very good reason, and it looks like a birth is not =(
Since you are a citizen, they should be covered by the exemption and not require authorization to travel. All they should need is a valid TRV or eTA.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#travel-restriction-exemptions

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry - I misread your post. You aren't a PR yet. It sounds like they applied for authorization requesting permission to visit you. I think this was the wrong thing to do. They should instead visit Canada based on the fact your sister is a Canadian citizen (I'm assuming she is living in Canada right now). They should be able to travel without requiring an authorization letter if you do this.