+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immediate family member visit visa question

yorkuser

Oct 10, 2021
Hello,

I'm currently on a BOWP that expires in September 2022 and my PR is in processing, I work as a Software engineer and have very good financials. I got into a car crash last month with no injuries but had a concussion. I would like to invite my brother to visit me asap. My sister-in-law is also in Canada on study permit and her program is getting finished on November 25, 2021, and will apply for PGWP after that.

Should I or his wife invite him? Which creates a better case for my brother to get a visitor visa?

Any help is appreciated, Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I'm currently on a BOWP that expires in September 2022 and my PR is in processing, I work as a Software engineer and have very good financials. I got into a car crash last month with no injuries but had a concussion. I would like to invite my brother to visit me asap. My sister-in-law is also in Canada on study permit and her program is getting finished on November 25, 2021, and will apply for PGWP after that.

Should I or his wife invite him? Which creates a better case for my brother to get a visitor visa?

Any help is appreciated, Thank you!
IMO it makes more sense for his wife to invite him.

Oct 11, 2021
Vancouver, BC
It all depends on your brother's plan and your injury.

If you invite your brother, depending on your injury, your brother's application might even get prioritized.
because you have the obvious reason (medical attention) to invite your brother to Canada while you recovery.

However, if he plans to move to Canada and apply for an open work permit under his wife's PGWP in the future,
it makes sense his wife invite him to Canada first.

Hope this helps :)

yorkuser

Oct 10, 2021
It all depends on your brother's plan and your injury.

If you invite your brother, depending on your injury, your brother's application might even get prioritized.
because you have the obvious reason (medical attention) to invite your brother to Canada while you recovery.

However, if he plans to move to Canada and apply for an open work permit under his wife's PGWP in the future,
it makes sense his wife invite him to Canada first.

Hope this helps :)
Thank you very much for the response.