+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immediate family member travel to Canada

sam406

Jan 14, 2018
Hello,
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident, currently residing in Canada. I have two different questions to ask and any help on them will be much appreciated.

1). I want to call my wife to be with me in Canada. She lives in the US and has a valid Canadian visitor visa, as well as her spousal sponsorship application is in progress, which I applied couple of months ago. Can my wife come and live with me in Canada and will she require a letter of authorization to travel, if she is coming from the US?

2). I also want to call my mother who lives in India to come and stay with me. Since she is coming from country other then the United States, will my mother require a letter of authorization to travel to Canada to be with me?

I will appreciate your help on these questions to further take necessary actions regarding their travel plan.

Thank you!

Love514

Jan 4, 2020
1. I think your wife can visit up to 6 months but definitely not live with you. She has to wait on her approval from Immigration Canada before she can settle in Canada.

2. There's still a ban on DIRECT flights from India to Canada. https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/india

I'm no expert so perhaps others can comment or provide more advice on this.

Good luck with everything!