+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5710e Spouse open work permit - INSIDE CANADA SPECIAL CASE NEED HELP?!

RossoWall

Jan 23, 2023
Hey guys i was wondering if any of you have information my case followed below:
So my situation is this
I have a post graduation work permit and my wife she initially came as visitor September 2021 then during my studies she was eligible to apply for open work permit as spouse of international student , her application took very long and they approved it just 1 month before my study permit expiry date on 31st July 2022 which was also her work permit expiry date so in order to have her remain here , she needed to get a job offer and lmia to extend her work permit or apply for visitor record until my pgwg is approved so she can be eligible for open work permit with matching expiry date , so we choosed do to the visitor record since we didnt have enough time to find a job and lmia for work permit extension.

She got approved for visitor record but it expires in January 31st of this month but she is eligible for open work permit and while i was about fill the IMM5710e i have difficulty deciding which selection to choose regarding question 3) i am applying for one or more of the following:

Now should i select restore my status as worker since she had a work permit but didnt use it or worked at all or apply for a new work permit for first time or new employer (the different is on the first work permit i was a student now i am a worker if this changes the outcome)

Number 7) current country of residence and Status : her current status is visitor but she had a work permit before so what date should i put at from when and to when ( the date she arrived as visitor in 2021 or the new visitor record issue date in 2022)

And lastly at Employment section she has no current occupation so i have put it as accompanyig spouse but same im not clear from when to when date should i put?

It would be very appreciated if you would help me
Thank you in advance for the consideration
Regards