+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5257b_1 validation and bar code issue

suvi918

Feb 16, 2021
Does anybody know how to fix the issue of this form IMM5257b_1. It does not generate any bar code even if its validated. Filled out the form correctly, everything is in the correct format that it needs to be. The little black and white box at the upper right corner that says office use only shows : Validated YES, yet there is no bar code generated. I have tried every possible thing: used adobe reader with fresh downloaded blank form, adobe reader latest version, adobe reader version 11; tried on mac; tried on windows; uninstalled all my other pdf readers and reinstalled only adobe reader latest version then tried an older version of adobe reader but to no avail. Has anybody got any other solutions to this problem?

Raghav54321

Jan 26, 2021
After validating form imm5257b wouldn't it should add a barcode. I am asking this because in form imm1294 after validation a barcode is displayed.

suvi918

Feb 16, 2021
So in my experience and research which went on for 3-4 days, I came to the understanding that form IMM5257b_1 does not generate bar code. Also this form, though optional for my case, created a hell lot of issues when i tried to upload it. Even though i uploaded the electronic version it still showed the error that " you have uploaded an invalid form". It also mentioned that we cannot scan and upload should the electronic submission fails. What worked for me is the following (following the steps to the T).
1. Downloaded the form from this link : https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257b_1.pdf?
2. Opened this downloaded form on Acrobat Adobe Reader DC on my Mac.
3. Filled everything absolutely correctly and with the correct format, and deleted any extra blank rows (for my travel history i had added extra rows).
4. Hit VALIDATE ONLY ONCE. Dont hit validate every time you make a change, if you hit validate more than once, scratch that form and start all over from step 1.
5. After validating (no bar code generated) I didn't save the file using command save, instead clicked on the exit button of that pdf tab (the little "x" on top of the pdf tab), it asked me if I wanted to save the file and I clicked save there.

I dont know which of these steps made the difference but after such a long search and being completely frustrated I dont really care to know what went wrong as long as I was able to upload the file successfuly. Should the IRCC reject it, I will update it here.

Jul 22, 2021
So in my experience and research which went on for 3-4 days, I came to the understanding that form IMM5257b_1 does not generate bar code. Also this form, though optional for my case, created a hell lot of issues when i tried to upload it. Even though i uploaded the electronic version it still showed the error that " you have uploaded an invalid form". It also mentioned that we cannot scan and upload should the electronic submission fails. What worked for me is the following (following the steps to the T).
1. Downloaded the form from this link : https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257b_1.pdf?
2. Opened this downloaded form on Acrobat Adobe Reader DC on my Mac.
3. Filled everything absolutely correctly and with the correct format, and deleted any extra blank rows (for my travel history i had added extra rows).
4. Hit VALIDATE ONLY ONCE. Dont hit validate every time you make a change, if you hit validate more than once, scratch that form and start all over from step 1.
5. After validating (no bar code generated) I didn't save the file using command save, instead clicked on the exit button of that pdf tab (the little "x" on top of the pdf tab), it asked me if I wanted to save the file and I clicked save there.

I dont know which of these steps made the difference but after such a long search and being completely frustrated I dont really care to know what went wrong as long as I was able to upload the file successfuly. Should the IRCC reject it, I will update it here.

This did not work for me

lyates1

Nov 28, 2021
I am having the same problem. I have filled out my IMM5257 form completely, clicked validate and it says 'Validation successful' The PDF has turned grey as if locked and it has changed on first page to say Validated: YES. But no barcodes have been generated anywhere.
Did anyone find a solution??