+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5257B section 8 form does not open/work for me, I have been trying to get help with this since January can someone help?

kpanos

May 17, 2020
Hey guys, so I'm an Australian citizen, was invited to apply for the IEC program, got my biometrics done etc and then I was asked to supply information on section 8 of the IMM5257B form. This form does not open, I've had multiple people try to do so for me and have repeatedly sent webforms since February for assistance so that my application can be finalised. Is there anyone else who has experienced this, can anyone open the form and how did you sort this issue out? It's a minor issue and can be solved easily if someone from the government bothered to help! Thanks

kpanos

May 17, 2020
Yes that is correct, I cannot open the IMM5257B form to fill out section 8 (previous travel) which is what was requested by the IRCC.

kpanos

May 17, 2020
No I'm not, I'm unable to right click + save it. Do you have any other suggestions?

I assume that method works on a PC?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So are using Safari or Firefox.

I just used the latter on an IMAC using the save page as option and IMM5257b-1 opened fine for me.

So open the file in firefox and from the PLEASE WAIT message , right click, save page as, then look for the file in download folder

Worked on my MAC with firefox and Chrome as well same method, just seems have issue with Safari

Last edited:

Raghav54321

Jan 26, 2021
Require urgent help! I am trying to fill forms for my work permit but having an issue with a form.

Please can anybody let me know that after validating form imm5257b should it automatically add a barcode page?
I am asking this because in form imm1294 after validation a barcode is displayed. But in imm5257b no barcode page displayed.

lec

Jan 28, 2023
You MUST open the file using Adobe Reader - Preview on a Mac will not open the file and you will always see the Please Wait page. Open the file using Adobe Reader...