+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5257 BARCODE

rosevert

Mar 24, 2019
Dear all,
I got the template Imm5257 with the Validate blue button in the middle of the first page. It seems to be the right one. after validating I got the barcode page but when I save the pdf file, and upload it in my visa request I got the error below. I have then opened the file for checking and I don't see the barcode page anymore.
What to do in case of this error? Is it normal for not seeing the barcode page again? Thank you for your help.
I have downloaded the form from this link https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257e.pdf
ERROR:
The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Error: We couldn't upload your file.
Error Description:
You have submitted an invalid form. Please complete and validate an electronic version of the application form, save it to your computer, and upload it.
Note: You cannot submit an application form that has been scanned.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019
Got the same error. Please Help! Not to mention all the redundant questions. what a waste of time.

• Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Did you use Foxit PDF? Use Adobe Reader to fill out and validate the form.

Use a new blank form, the form filled out with a different program probably won't work, even if you use Adobe now.

Jun 1, 2019
Did you use Foxit PDF? Use Adobe Reader to fill out and validate the form.

Use a new blank form, the form filled out with a different program probably won't work, even if you use Adobe now.
Thanks for the suggestion. I only use Adobe reader and I still get the same error even with a new blank form filled out.

Imran Khan 1

Feb 15, 2020
I faced same problem. Message came validated but no barcodes.
Then just noted a Difference between Blank/Non Validated imm5257b_1 and Filled /Validated imm5257b_1 forms.

Just observe the "For Office Use" small Box on Top Right Side of the Form:
-Incase of Blank/Non Validated imm5257b_1 it only says Validated
-When you fill and validate the form then although there are still no (5 Nos) BarCodes generated at the bottom of the form BUT the "For Office Use" small Box additionally mentions "YES" in BOLD under validated narration

Guess no Bar codes are to be generated for this form.

suvi918

Feb 16, 2021
Dear all,
I got the template Imm5257 with the Validate blue button in the middle of the first page. It seems to be the right one. after validating I got the barcode page but when I save the pdf file, and upload it in my visa request I got the error below. I have then opened the file for checking and I don't see the barcode page anymore.
What to do in case of this error? Is it normal for not seeing the barcode page again? Thank you for your help.
I have downloaded the form from this link https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257e.pdf
ERROR:
Error Description:
You have submitted an invalid form. Please complete and validate an electronic version of the application form, save it to your computer, and upload it.
Note: You cannot submit an application form that has been scanned.
So in my experience and research which went on for 3-4 days, I came to the understanding that form IMM5257b_1 does not generate bar code. Also this form, though optional for my case, created a hell lot of issues when i tried to upload it. Even though i uploaded the electronic version it still showed the error that " you have uploaded an invalid form". It also mentioned that we cannot scan and upload should the electronic submission fails. What worked for me is the following (following the steps to the T).
1. Downloaded the form from this link : https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257b_1.pdf?
2. Opened this downloaded form on Acrobat Adobe Reader DC on my Mac.
3. Filled everything absolutely correctly and with the correct format, and deleted any extra blank rows (for my travel history i had added extra rows).
4. Hit VALIDATE ONLY ONCE. Dont hit validate every time you make a change, if you hit validate more than once, scratch that form and start all over from step 1.
5. After validating (no bar code generated) I didn't save the file using command save, instead clicked on the exit button of that pdf tab (the little "x" on top of the pdf tab), it asked me if I wanted to save the file and I clicked save there.

I dont know which of these steps made the difference but after such a long search and being completely frustrated I dont really care to know what went wrong as long as I was able to upload the file successfuly. Should the IRCC reject it, I will update it here.

Tunde Mykel

Jan 17, 2022
Please, how can a mistakenly clicked sex identity in the personal details section of an IMM 5257e form submitted online be amended?