+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM0008E question for Quebec Residents

JaxHill

Jan 3, 2019
I live in Quebec and I am in the process of completing a sponsorship application package to bring my conjugal partner over to live with me in Quebec.

As a part of the application package, we are required to complete the IMM0008E form; which is the Generic Application Form for Canada (my partner must complete this), and it asks for the date that he applied for his CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate).

But both the Quebec Government website (Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion) and the Federal Government website (IRCC) explicitly state that I need to submit an application package first to the IRCC and only when I receive their permission, can I complete the forms for the Quebec requirements.

Am I missing something? The IMM0008E form needs a date for the CSQ application - but we cant apply for this until we submit the IRCC package. So I am not sure how to continue?

Any help would be appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I live in Quebec and I am in the process of completing a sponsorship application package to bring my conjugal partner over to live with me in Quebec.

As a part of the application package, we are required to complete the IMM0008E form; which is the Generic Application Form for Canada (my partner must complete this), and it asks for the date that he applied for his CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate).

But both the Quebec Government website (Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion) and the Federal Government website (IRCC) explicitly state that I need to submit an application package first to the IRCC and only when I receive their permission, can I complete the forms for the Quebec requirements.

Am I missing something? The IMM0008E form needs a date for the CSQ application - but we cant apply for this until we submit the IRCC package. So I am not sure how to continue?

Any help would be appreciated!
From the guide: Note: If you are not applying under a Quebec immigration program, check “no” for Question 6 a) and leave 6 c) blank.

Spousal sponsorship is federal, not a Quebec immigration program. You submit the app to IRCC and they will tell you when to apply for the CSQ.

What grounds do you and your partner have for conjugal?