+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM00081E - SCHEDULE 1 BACKGROUND DECLARATION QUESTIONS

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Hello all,

I am a bit too fussy about filling in these forms and I don't want to make mistakes or send a form that would be sent back as found incomplete. In item 10. Education, it is a bit difficult to tell my situation. Ok my studies are as follows;

Elemantary School
AAA School - 5 years = Received Elementary School Diploma

Secondary School
BBB School - 3 years + CCC School - 1 year = Received Secondary School Diploma

Q.
Do I write BBB School and CCC School seperately or the one I am graduated from ?

High School
DDD School - 3 Years = Received High School Diploma

University is a bit weird. This is where I am stuck the most.

I started a 2 year diploma program in 1997 and attended all the classes till 1999. In 1999 a big earthquake hit the city where I was studying and left thousands of people dead and schools damaged. I didn't want to continue after the trauma of the event and I quit the program and enrolled in a 4 year degree program (Open University) which I completed in 5 years. Right now I am enrolled in an online MBA program which is going to finish in January, possibly before PR application is resulted. Ok Let's do do calculations now:

Elemenatary = 5 years
Secondary/High School = 7 Years
University/College = ??

I am stuck here. Do I write 4 years (Perhaps I shall write 5 years) as I only successfully completed the 4 year degree program ? Or do I add the 2 year incomplete diploma program and the years in MBA program ? This is all about what you undestand from successfuly completing...

As well, do I give details of all these studies or only the ones I received a diploma or degree ? Oh what a mess...
One more thing. Should I provide details of the programs and perhaps the diplomas as an attachment.

Finished asking for now. (thank god)

Best wishes to all.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Write each school on a separate line, including the dates you attended.

If you didn't receive a certificate or diploma from a school, or your studies were incomplete, put "n/a" for the type of certificate or diploma.

Elementary should not be included - begin with secondary/high school. But count graduation from high school as having completed 12 yrs at secondary level.

Count your 4-year degree program as 4 years, not 5.

You should list all of the schools, but as far as points go, only count the schools from which you graduated or received a degree or diploma.

Provide copies of all diplomas, certificates and degrees.