+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5669A ADR help me!

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
Greetings everyone, I filed AOR in Oct 18 and I received an ADR yesterday i.e. IMM 5669A Background. They have given me the pdf link and I've been asked to fill out the form and send it within a week.

I have a few questions:
1. Am I supposed to fill it by hand, scan it, convert to pdf and then upload it? Although the pdf has fillable columns.

2. There is a column where they ask me to write my name in the native language. How do I do that in pdf? Same goes for the signature part.

3. I would like to explain myself about certain things that I'll list in the ADR. Is it possible to attach an LOE with the ADR pdf?

4. The ADR message said "Please note that you must provide details since the age of 18 or the past 10 years. Be sure to not leave any gaps. If a section does not apply to you, please enter "none" as per the instructions provided on the form.".
My history had no gaps and I can't figure out what mistake I made.

Thank you for reading it through, I will be so glad if you could help me out :)

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Greetings everyone, I filed AOR in Oct 18 and I received an ADR yesterday i.e. IMM 5669A Background. They have given me the pdf link and I've been asked to fill out the form and send it within a week.

I have a few questions:
1. Am I supposed to fill it by hand, scan it, convert to pdf and then upload it? Although the pdf has fillable columns.

2. There is a column where they ask me to write my name in the native language. How do I do that in pdf? Same goes for the signature part.

3. I would like to explain myself about certain things that I'll list in the ADR. Is it possible to attach an LOE with the ADR pdf?

4. The ADR message said "Please note that you must provide details since the age of 18 or the past 10 years. Be sure to not leave any gaps. If a section does not apply to you, please enter "none" as per the instructions provided on the form.".
My history had no gaps and I can't figure out what mistake I made.

Thank you for reading it through, I will be so glad if you could help me out :)
1. Fill it on computer, print and sign, scan and send.
2.Use a virtual keyboard, and copy/paste the text.
3.It would be a hassle to do that, as the pdf won't let you save.
4.There are usually many reasons that could trigger a request:
-Maybe you left out a gap and didn't realize. Happens a lot. If it's something Activity A:01/19-->02/19 then Activity B: 03/19-->04/19, that could be considered a gap.
-Previous government position or military duty
-Previous work for a security company
-Answering "Yes" to one of the statutory questions
-Or just by random selection.

The request in itself isn't something bad at all. Just fill it in properly and be transparent.

Reactions: longjohn

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
-Maybe you left out a gap and didn't realize. Happens a lot. If it's something Activity A:01/19-->02/19 then Activity B: 03/19-->04/19, that could be considered a gap.

The request in itself isn't something bad at all. Just fill it in properly and be transparent.
So helpful, thanks Peacekeeper87.

Certain columns in the form (e.g. education) have a character limit and I’m unable to input the whole detail.
In my history, I did have time points which were for example, ending on 01/2015 and the next one starting on 02/2015 (something that ended on the last date of a month).
Also I showed my current job to be a government job but I had not mentioned anything in the ‘government positions’ column. I thought that since my job doesn’t require any administrative decision making, it was more suitable to not enlist it.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
So helpful, thanks Peacekeeper87.

Certain columns in the form (e.g. education) have a character limit and I’m unable to input the whole detail.
In my history, I did have time points which were for example, ending on 01/2015 and the next one starting on 02/2015 (something that ended on the last date of a month).
Also I showed my current job to be a government job but I had not mentioned anything in the ‘government positions’ column. I thought that since my job doesn’t require any administrative decision making, it was more suitable to not enlist it.
Okay so I can see that you probably received the request due to some discrepancies.
Decision making or not, a government job is a government job. It may be why you received the request. Be consistent.
Also for the dates, mention them like this:
A: 01/2019-->02/2019
B:02/2019-->03/2019
C:03/2019-->04/2019

For the character limit, try to abbreviate some words. For example, B.Sc for Bachelor of Science, MA for Master of Arts...

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
Okay so I can see that you probably received the request due to some discrepancies.
Decision making or not, a government job is a government job. It may be why you received the request. Be consistent.
Also for the dates, mention them like this:
A: 01/2019-->02/2019
B:02/2019-->03/2019
C:03/2019-->04/2019

For the character limit, try to abbreviate some words. For example, B.Sc for Bachelor of Science, MA for Master of Arts...
I’ll follow this Peacekeeper87. Just wanted to make sure, it’s okay to change my timelines to meet the overlap criteria that you suggested right? I mean I hope they don’t object that I changed things

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I’ll follow this Peacekeeper87. Just wanted to make sure, it’s okay to change my timelines to meet the overlap criteria that you suggested right? I mean I hope they don’t object that I changed things
When receiving Schedule A request, changes are often inevitable, as the request can be triggered by an issue caused by a mistake. So yeah changes can be made, as long as it's minor. For example, changing 03/2019 into 02/2019 won't cause any issue. But if you change the whole nature of the activity (for example Studying into Employed at XXX company), for that period of time, that's another story.

longjohn

Sep 1, 2017
When receiving Schedule A request, changes are often inevitable, as the request can be triggered by an issue caused by a mistake. So yeah changes can be made, as long as it's minor. For example, changing 03/2019 into 02/2019 won't cause any issue. But if you change the whole nature of the activity (for example Studying into Employed at XXX company), for that period of time, that's another story.
You've been a godsend! I'm finalizing the form and I'm left with one last doubt: number of years of elementary/high school. We didn't have a clear distinction between primary school and high school (simple grade 1 to 12). So which years should I consider as elementary and which as high?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
You've been a godsend! I'm finalizing the form and I'm left with one last doubt: number of years of elementary/high school. We didn't have a clear distinction between primary school and high school (simple grade 1 to 12). So which years should I consider as elementary and which as high?
Well I'm not familiar with the school system in your country? Try looking up more details about your school system there.
But it's usually 5 years in primary/elementary, and 7 years in High School.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015

@Peacekeeper87 just wondering if you know if that dates listed like that on IMM5669 always trigger a problem. I just received that request and I did not realize that they would see that format as a gap, so I pretty much sent the same form I sent in the past as nothing changed for me. However a couple of dates in the form I sent have that format....did I just set myself back months in the processing because of that mistake? I wish they just explicitly explained that