+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

im so happy.... but still need your help...

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
i just called the cic and follow-up my application.....the agent told me that i will get the first stage approval at the end of the month.is that my open work permit?or do i need to apply for OWP, how about my PR CARD ...do i need to apply for that?please can u share your ideas about it.WHERE is the exact address to apply for PR CARD? I NEED your help friends.... :p :D :-* :'(

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
isabela said:
i just called the cic and follow-up my application.....the agent told me that i will get the first stage approval at the end of the month.is that my open work permit?or do i need to apply for OWP, how about my PR CARD ...do i need to apply for that?please can u share your ideas about it.WHERE is the exact address to apply for PR CARD? I NEED your help friends.... :p :D :-* :'(

First stage approval is your open work permit only. PR is on the second stage, so you need not worry about applying for PR card just yet.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
isabela said:
thanks a lot for answering..... ;D

You are welcome although I forgot to ask you if you sent the application for Open work permit when you submitted your sponsorship application in July 2010? If you attached it then yes you will receive your open work permit in the mail, otherwise you will have to wait for that letter and then submit your open work permit application.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
If you did not mail an Open Work Permit with your application then they won't mail it to you but AIP (if you maintained legal status up til then) would allow you to qualify for either an Open Work Permit or Study Permit. But you would have to apply for it AFTER you get the AIP letter.

If, however, you mailed the OWP with the PR application or even sometime during the process and they attached it to the application then yes, if approved, you will be mailed the OWP along with the letters approving you for initial assessment. You then will have to wait until they finish the rest of the application (security, medical, and criminal checks) once you pass those you will be notified that the application processing has been completed and that you will be contacted by your local CIC office of when your PR landing interview will be. After your PR landing interview the PR card will be mailed to you within 6-8 weeks after your landing. There is no need to apply for it. It is automatically mailed to you. The only other time you would need to order one is if you lose your original one, change your name, or are renewing it.

AIP decision happens 9-10 months after Vegreville receives your application. I would say that by next week you will know an answer.
The second portion of it after AIP can take an average of 9 months more but this differs from case to case and just how long it takes to check all the rest of the areas for admissibility.

Note: Not everyone is given AIP and where there are complications they will be transferred where the wait times are uncertain. You will more than likely need an interview if it is transferred and could be waiting a few months to a few years for an interview to determine AIP qualifications depending on the local offices backlog all of which time you wouldn't have an Open Work Permit or healthcare (if you don't already have it). Remember always keep your status valid and up to date. Also please note that an agent can not tell you whether you will be approved or not. They can only read what is on the computer and can give you a rough estimate as to when you will hear back on a decision.

Good luck isabela and keep us up to date! :)

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
hello LOVELY,i did'nt send a form for OWP when i submitted my application bec i dont know about that.I just have the idea that i can sent together when i join this forum a week ago....anyway, my work permit is still valid untill april 2012.this site helps me a lot....GOD BLESS us all.. once again thank you.

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
isabela said:
hello LOVELY,i did'nt send a form for OWP when i submitted my application bec i dont know about that.I just have the idea that i can sent together when i join this forum a week ago....anyway, my work permit is still valid until april 2012.this site helps me a lot....GOD BLESS us all.. once again thank you.
Hi isabela.

If you didnt send an application for an open work permit (OWP) together with your permanent resident application its ok.
as soon as you get a letter from CIC saying that your sponsor was approved they will tell you that you can now apply for an OWP or Study Permit.

As for your PR card, you dont need to worry about nothing the first time, after the principal applicant gets approved for PR and landed in 7 - 8 weeks you get that PR card in the mail, if you loss this card, then you will have to apply and even pay for a new one.

Happy long week.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Valhalla said:
Hi isabela.

If you didnt send an application for an open work permit (OWP) together with your permanent resident application its ok.
as soon as you get a letter from CIC saying that your sponsor was approved they will tell you that you can now apply for an OWP or Study Permit.

As for your PR card, you dont need to worry about nothing the first time, after the principal applicant gets approved for PR and landed in 7 - 8 weeks you get that PR card in the mail, if you loss this card, then you will have to apply and even pay for a new one.

Happy long week.
Hmm I just wrote that up above.... ::)

isabela said:
hello LOVELY,i did'nt send a form for OWP when i submitted my application bec i dont know about that.I just have the idea that i can sent together when i join this forum a week ago....anyway, my work permit is still valid untill april 2012.this site helps me a lot....GOD BLESS us all.. once again thank you.
Once you get the AIP approval letter, you will then be able to apply for one if you chose to. :)

Valhalla

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May/12/2011
LANDED..........
AUG/23/2012
Love_Young said:
Hmm I just wrote that up above.... ::)

Sorry but i didnt waste my time reading ur posts, or tell me, no one else can reply posts where you have already reply to ?? if so, excuse me, i aint know the rules ... 8)